Best Friends

Third Person POV

  Kara slipped on her white shoes. They were slip ons as she still hadn't figured out how to tie her own shoes which was quite an embarrassing thing to admit. She walked out of her apartment and headed towards CatCo.

  As Kara entered the large building, she swiftly made her way towards the elevator. She went to press the button to go to her floor but saw that it had already been pressed. She looked to her right and saw her friend, Lena.

  "Lena! What are you doing here?" Kara asked.

  "Well, I was hoping to run into you!" She replied, with a big smile on her face.

  "Oh?" Kara said, slightly smirking.

  "Dinner at my penthouse tonight? Pizza and potstickers."

  "Is that even a question!? Of course!" Kara said as her smile grew.

  The elevator dinged and Kara walked out and waved to Lena who went back down. Kara walked to her desk and sat down, sighing. She quickly started on some paperwork that she needed to get done. She was working on an article about Morgan Edge and boy it was going to ruin him.

  She looked back at the grueling article that she just finished and smiled with pride. She was proud of her work. She turned it into Cat to review before leaving CatCo to do some of her duties as Supergirl. She wasn't in a rush so she went home and slowly took off her shirt, revealing the large 'S' on her chest. She flew out of her apartment and began to scan the city once she was fairly high up.

  "Literally nothing?" She scoffed.

  "You're welcome." A voice said to her from behind. She noticed the voice right away.

  "Dark Defender." Kara said before turning around to face her. A smile grew on her face. "Fighting crime for the first time?"

  "What can I say? You inspired me last night, Supergirl." She replied. Although Kara couldn't see her face, she could tell that the other was smiling.

  "Well I'm glad. However, the media is going to be all over you now." Kara chuckled.

  "Oh I'm sure of it." She replied.

  "You may want to get to Cat Grant before she brands you with some stupid name like she did with me. Although, it's growing on me now."

  "What do I even say? Should I lie and say I am from Krypton?" The girl asked.

  "I would. Do you want me to come with you? I know Cat pretty well." Kara asked.

  "Sure!" She replied. "I'll race you." She flew off.

  "Oh you cheater!" Kara said, chasing after her.

The both landed on Cat's balcony. Kara was smiling from ear to ear.

  "Hah! I beat you." Dark Defender said.

  "Hey! You got a head start!" Kara replied.

  "Well, well. Who is this, Supergirl?" Cat said as she emerged from her office and stared at both of them.

  "This is my.. friend from Krypton." Kara said.

  "I see. Name? Age? Gender? Relation? Story?" Cat said, pulling out a recorder from her back pocket and turning it on before holding it in front of her.

  "Uhm.. I'm the Dark Defender. I'm a female. No relation to Supergirl. I escaped Krypton like Superman and Supergirl did.." She said with little confidence in her voice.

  "You sound like a villain with that name. What's the story behind it?"

  "Uhh. There isn't much of one. I just liked the name.."