Chapter 14 ~ And It's All Your Fault

Alrighty! So, both Quick and I are SUPER sorry that this chapter took SOOOO long! Quick got covid and felt too awful to type, then I got something that was probably mild strep throat that was AWFUL! Then we both got Writer's Block.

Then today I was like "screw Writer's Block" and sat down and wrote the ending to this chapter, (we already had half of it done). Sorry if it really sucks, writing with Writer's Block is hardddd! XD

So without further ado..... here ya go!

(And thanks to those who read all that)

Lila leaned her head back against the wall, closing her eyes with a sigh. She didn't know how long they had been there, probably less time than it felt like. She really hoped that Natasha and the others would come save them. Them, not just Nate.

Lila sighed again, she hadn't made anything better, she just made things worse. Just like always.

"Awww, you won again," Nathanial groaned. He narrowed his eyes, "Wait, are you reading my mind to find out what I'll do?"

Wanda laughed, "No, I'm just better at Tic Tac Toe than you."

Nathanial stuck out his tongue, making Wanda laugh again. Wanda looked over at Lila, noticing her unusual silence. After thinking for a moment, she got up and walked over to Lila before sitting down next to her, her arm still hugged close to her chest.

"Hey.... are you okay?"

Lila let out another sigh, "I just... I'm worried."

"Don't be, I'm sure that Clint and the others will find us easily soon," Wanda gave the young girl a comforting smile.

"Don't count on that," a voice answered, "They're a little preoccupied."

Wanda got calmly to her feet, "Inaya, right?"

"So the boy told you, didn't he?" the attac— Inaya replied, stepping closer to the bars of the cell.

"Hi Inaya!" Nathanial waved to her happily.

A faint smile seemed to cross Inaya's face, disappearing as fast as it appeared.

"Hello Boy."

Wanda glared, "You said they're preoccupied, why?"

Inaya simply smirked.

"What did you do?" Lila asked, jumping to her feet.

Inaya chuckled, making the flame of anger inside of Lila burn more. It sputtered out quickly though, replaced with confusion, as Nathanial jumped to the Widow's defence.

"Inaya's not a bad person! She doesn't want to hurt anyone!"

"What do you mean?" Wanda asked the boy.

"Inaya was told to do something bad. But she doesn't want to! She just wants to be free."

Wanda glanced up at the woman standing outside of the cell, "Be free?"

Inaya stayed silent, her eyes flicking across each person, as if she was studying them. Her eyes strayed onto Wanda's injured arm for a second longer than anything else before flicking away. Her expression stayed blank.

"Auntie Lena told us something about mind control or something," Nathanial shrugged, "I think that Inaya is being mind controlled."

"Is this true?" Wanda asked Inaya.