Chapter 12 ~ What's Next?

"So what's next?"

Yelena looked over at Bruce, who was the one who spoke. They were all in the den of the compound, even Peter. Scattered around on the various couches, they had been chatting about random things, just enjoying the peace, until Bruce rui- I mean, spoke up.

"We need to somehow bring Natasha back," Clint replied.

"Can you do that?" Natasha asked, turning to Tony.

Tony's eyes narrowed thoughtfully, "Maybe. But only if I knew how the heck you are here. Any ideas Strange?"

"No," Doctor Strange shook his head, "and I'm afraid I won't be much help. I have to go."

"Why?" Wanda asked.

"There's a... situation back at the Sanctum."

Then the Doctor? Wizard? Strange person disappeared. Wow. The one person who might have had a chance of figuring things out just poofed away.

Tony sighed, "I hate when he does that."

"Same," Bucky pulled a block out of the jenga tower. He was playing the game with the kids (including Yelena and Peter). Lila's turn was next and she pulled out a lower block, freezing when the tower wobbled dangerously, but it didn't fall.

Yelena went after her, "What do you suggest we do?"

Then it was Peter's turn, and as he was pulling out the block Yelena gently gave the table a shake to.... help.... yeah help, Peter.

The tower fell with a loud crash and Peter glared at Yelena, "You shook the table!"

"No I didn't. You're imagining things."

"Guys," Captain America said, "How about instead of arguing about who cheated at a children's game we talk about how to bring Natasha back?"

"We need to know how she got the way she did first," Sam pointed out.

"I think I have an idea," Wanda put in.

"What?"

"Well, what if, when Natasha gave her life up for the soul stone her soul was kind of... connected to it. Then when Cap put the stone back, Natasha's soul got trapped between the... soul realm and... ours?" she explained.

Clint nodded slowly, "That sounds like the best explanation we have."

"Ideas?" Natasha asked.

"What if... we... make a giant slurping machine to slurp Nat back into this realm."

Everyone turned to Tony, all of their faces mirroring the same thing, 'are you okay or did you finally go insane?'

"Yeah... that wasn't my smartest idea."

"Any more ideas?" Captain America asked.

"She could eat some fruit leather," Tony put in again.

"You're only saying that because you sponsor them," Sam added.

Tony shrugged, "So? Fruit leather fixes everything! Or we could burn the soul stone and see if that works. Though we would have to sacrifice someone to get the stone..."

"I vote Sam," Bucky said.

"Hey!"

Natasha spoke up again, "I'm no longer taking suggestions from Tony."

"Why not?" Tony whined, "I'm the only genius here!"

"Actually, we have Peter," Wanda replied.

Tony pouted and Peter grinned widely, "Yay!"