Chapter 9 ~ Stay Put and Stay Low

So this is a really important chapter, that we finished a rough draft on, but we need to edit it. And instead of doing that Splash and I watched Dune 

(Amazing by the way! Go watch it! BUT READ THE BOOK FIRST >:( )

So we're not actually going to update this today and instead do it tomorrow. So sorry! You're just going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out who di-

Shut up Quick!

....sorry

Ok ok. Sorry about that

No we're not

Shut up!

......

Good. Anyway, at long last, here you go!

We should have waited another day...

Shush!

... fine

The car didn't really explode, but something definitely hit it, making it spin wildly out of control.

Clint was the first one to react, slamming on the breaks before jumping up out of his seat and grabbing his bow and quiver.

"Keep the kids safe!" he yelled to Yelena, before he dashed out of the car.

Natasha disappeared after him, and Yelena climbed over the seats to get to the kids. Which was not good for the car, but whatever, they would worry about that later.

Fanny was whining at the back of the car and Yelena was confused about why. There was nothing back there that would get that response from the dog. Except....

Then it hit her, "Everyone get down!"

The kids all moved to the front of the car, and ducked behind the seats, just as the back of the car erupted into flames.

"Everyone out! Go go go!"

Yelena could hear the sounds of fighting, and arrows whistling, but she didn't run towards it, instead, she hustled the kids over to the cover of some rocks on the side of the road, where she could figure out how many enemies there were.

That's when she noticed that Lila had disappeared.

"Auntie Lena! Those aren't very good words!"

Yelena looked back at the kids. "You two," she glanced at Fanny, "okay, you three, stay put and stay low."

Nathanial and Cooper nodded.

Yelena reached down and felt her pockets. Of course she didn't have a weapon on her during a road trip. All of her weapons were in the back of the car. The back of the car that exploded.

Why did I have to be so stupid to leave them back there?!

Cursing again, this time even worse words, she dashed over to the fighting, on the lookout for the enemy. She was a trained Black Widow. She didn't need a gun.

It just would have been helpful.

Where the crap is Lila?

Yelena looked around, and didn't see her anywhere. However, she did see who they were fighting. It was one freaking person.