6

I'm scared...

What if they'll be mad at me? What if they won't like me?

What if-

"Yukhei?" Yukhei's train of thoughts were cut off by Mark's voice calling his name, he just realized that they stopped in front of a cafe. "O-Oh, sorry. Is this the place?" Mark nodded in response, after that, awkward silence followed. They quietly entered the place and began to search for the group, which were found in a few seconds. "Oh! Hey Mark! Right here!" Mark smiled as he Johnny calling his name while waving his hand. Yukhei, on the other hand began to feel anxious. Those stares, it look like they don't want Yukhei to come along with Mark, or maybe he was just getting a little bit too anxious. "Hi guys! How you doing?" Mark shook his friends' hands, while Yukhei just stood beside him, not knowing what to do. "We're doing great as usual. Is this your friend?"

"Ah! Yes yes! Guys this is Yukhei, and Yukhei, these are my friends. You guys should introduce yourselves." Yukhei nervously waved his hand at the group, a sigh of relief escaped from his mouth as he saw them smile back at him, it looks like their smiles are pure. "Hi! I'm Haechan, this is Taeyong, that guy over there is Johnny..." Yukhei bowed to every one of them, making them chuckle at his too formal yet cute actions. "And that one is Ten. You are very welcome here with us Yukhei so please take a seat and feel free to talk with us." Haechan added.

"And please don't yeet me again." They all turned to Ten as they heard him murmuring something. "Oh... I'm so sorry about that, it won't happen again." Yukhei really had no idea why and how he said that, he just met Mark's friends. "I-I don't remember what I did, but I'm still sorry..."

"Ah! Ten he's not him. Stop that, you're scaring him." Mark defended the older, making him calm down a bit. "I know, I was just joking. Like, you know I'm trying to lift up the mood." Ten replied. As Yukhei stared at Ten in front of him, blurry images began to pop up in his mind, making his smile turn upside-down.

These must be from my dream... But were they real? Did these actually happened?

"Seriously, don't worry about it Yukhei. I was just joking. It's just... You look like the one who threw me against the wall." Ten's smile widened, sipping on his coffee as he looked at Yukhei's puzzled expression. "But surprise surprise, he got a huge character development when Mark came." Ten wiggled his eyebrows as he stared at Mark with a teasing look, making Yukhei chuckle. "Wow, that was a great love story." Yukhei hid his jealousy pretty good, none of the guys seemed to notice it. Being with them isn't that bad at all.

"He was uhh kinda.... You know... We can call it tsundere too." Johnny hopped on the conversation, that made Yukhei's anxiety slowly fade away. "That's pretty cool." Yukhei's jealousy deepened, he was the opposite of the said guy who they claimed to be his "look-alike". As far as he noticed, he's likely to show affection to everyone to let them know that they are loved, especially when he likes a certain someone in a romantic way, unlike the man they just mentioned. "But seriously, he looks just like him, but he has brown eyes instead of red." Haechan stared at Yukhei, making him awkwardly smile at Haechan. "You're making him shy Haechan! Stop that!"

"Sorry Taeyong hyung, it's just... Are you sure you're not Lucas?"

Lucas??

Lucas...

That name suddenly covered Yukhei's entire mind, making him silent. "You're just making him uncomfortable! Sorry for their weird behavior Yukhei..." Yukhei finally came back to his senses. "O-Oh, it's okay."

The name was just really familiar to me...

"Oh! And by the way guys, guess what?"

"Your watermelon cake is finally a success?" Ten replied. "No! I quit making that, it tastes like hell..." Mark placed a pout on his lips. "I saw a book containing Lucas' family background..." The group, including Yukhei became silent, ready and willing to listen to Mark. "Wait, really?! But he's not here anymore, what's the use of getting the book?" Taeyong asked. He has a point too, but it's not bad to check on his past and more. "It won't be bad if I could just check on his background right?"

"Mark, are you going to investigate on that Lucas guy?" Yukhei began to speak. "Ah! Yeah, we can call it investigating too..." Mark replied. "Maybe I can help you with that."

"Thank you Yukhei, but I don't want to be a burden to you. I know that you have other priorities." Mark then heard the group whine, making him sigh in defeat. "Come on Mark, we will help too, don't worry."

"Fine, you guys can read those books with me."

The cafe was filled with their cheers after that.

"I can finally use Detective Conan's ways!" Yukhei touched his non-existent eyeglasses, a smirk was forming on his lips as well. "You watch that too?! Haechan's eyes sparkled as he stared at Yukhei. "Yeah! I watch that too!"

(The author hasn't watched Detective Conan tho lmao)

"We should be best friends! We are best friends now!" Haechan happily shook Yukhei's hand, and Yukhei happily accepted the handshake. "Yes! Yes!" Mark felt a huge load of relief when he saw the two instantly getting along, he was thankful that they made Yukhei's anxiety fade away. "They will surely get along by talking about anime all the time." Johnny said.

"I would join them too actually." Taeyong jumped in to their conversation, as well as Ten. "Me too... But I really had a tiny feeling that he's your boyfriend Mark."

"Well, he bought me the entire volume of Haikyu!, but that doesn't mean anything! He acts way differently from Lucas."

"Just because you got reincarnated, doesn't mean that your personality will always be the same. What if that personality was from his past? Just saying though." Mark went silent after Taeyong said that. He actually has a point.

What if he was Lucas?

But what if he wasn't him?

"Ah, this is giving me a headache. He's not him." Mark then let out a deep loud sigh. "If you say so Mr. Lee." Johnny gave him a chuckle.

We'll figure it out soon.

--

Hi! I really wanted to update days/weeks ago but we lost our electricity, water and signal due to Typhoon Odette. That shii was scary. Buuut I'm alive and okay, my family is okay at our hometown too even though our things there(including appliances) got broken because of the storm surge(Yes, our house got hit by a storm surge 😭). It's just sad because one of our neighbors died and some of them went missing according to my mother's update. My father almost died there too because they(men) stayed at home to guard their houses(my father have to look after our dogs too) but luckily Papa survived with no injuries! Most of the houses there got destroyed by Odette but we believe that we can get through this.

Bagyo ka lang, Pinoy kami🇵🇭