Ex to X

Xiomara's POV •

My face was swollen, but I was grateful that Aunt Nicole agreed to keep Zabelle for the night so that I could heal up a bit. Now that I didn't have a job in the day thanks to Indigo, I could at least sleep until three. Auntie hadn't notified me any about the tutoring thing, so I'm just stuck in one big waiting process for a part time job.

As I was soaking in the tub, I heard a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I call out, slowly standing up. I eye the old, broken shower curtain in the corner by the toilet.

A weapon's a weapon baby.

"An old friend," the person answers after a moment. I can't tell who the muffled voice belongs to from here. If it is an intruder that makes me glad that Zabelle isn't here. I let my tub water out and wrap a towel around myself. If I have to fight naked I will though. I grab the old rod and inch towards the front door.

"What's my name then?" I ask.

"I actually don't know," the person laughs. "I lied, I'll admit it. But these mosquitoes out here eating a bitch up," they said. It sounded like a female voice but I still couldn't tell who it was. But, if it was a female then that would be a more fair fight than a male, right?

"You took my friend's phone and-

"Is your friend named Liviya?" I then ask.

"Yes. Liviya Bleu."

"Does she know Natille?"

"Yes. I'm actually-

I swing the door open and gasp. I let Natille in before the mosquitoes decide on their invitation then turn to glare at her. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"Liviya dropped her phone in the dressing room when she fought Regina," Natille lied.

"What the fuck," I laughed. I pointed at my jacked up face. "No, your little bitch fucked my shit up."

"What?" Natille frowned.

I took in her expression and scoffed. I went to the counter and threw Liviya's phone at her. "I don't even know how you found my apartment out of the whole complex or how you tracked it or why that bitch couldn't come get her phone herself, but here you go."

I take in Natille's expression of shock. "You're a good liar, you know that? You'd make a damn good manipulator."

"I didn't know Liviya fought you and not Regina. She told me she fought Regina," Natille frowned. "She literally has her Lock Screen with you and her hugging. Got y'all names in italics. I looked through baby girl's photos, she got pictures of y'all doing all types of crazy shit. You don't think I don't know y'all planned this shit?"

"Xiomara, we- well at least, I did not," Natille says seriously. "If you give me a moment of your time, I can explained everything." She gestures to my couch as if she lives here but I sit down next to her, checking to make sure that my towel is still secure.

I listen to Natille tell her tale from the beginning to end. I closed my eyes for awhile, letting everything sink in. "Alright, alright. Move everything else to the side: Regina real life made a sex tape of y'all without your consent? And by drugging you?"

"Yes," Natille said in a weak voice.

I opened my eyes back up. "Why do you hate me? You realize that if you was focused on what you should be in life, a lot of this shit wouldn't have happened, Natille?"

She tries to speak but I cut her off. "I know I laid hands on you first, but honestly, that's the only thing I've done to you. If you was minding your own business, we wouldn't have to be down this route."

"You're right," she agrees.

I sigh, then stare at my exposed thighs. "I'm quitting Midnight Drop. And I'm going to tell Jen to do the same. And hopefully everyone else that we can convince."

"Why?" Natille frowned.

"Because Regina is a crazy psycho and she's wrong for what she did to you. And for her to be living all lavishly and her club's in debt? And then the way she replaced you tonight. I swear I didn't know. She told me she had an opening. Although I admit that I do know I replaced two other girl's, but I didn't take the job intentionally knowing I'd take yours," I commented.

"Where will you work at then?" she asks, having the nerve to look genuinely concerned.

"Sunrise Come. I'll have more fans after my performance tonight, and I'll make Sunrise busy with business. It might not be as fancy as Midnight, but it's less in debt and more familiar."

"So...friends?" Natille holds out her hand.

"You hate me. No," I laugh at Natille and her outreached hand. "But we can be cordial, Natille."

"We can start over. I see that you're not stuck up," Natille prodded. "When did you ever think I was stuck up? You just admitted earlier that you just didn't like me because I confused you. Now you thought I was stuck up too?"

"I've been confused a lot lately," she admits, a far away look in her eyes. "I got two girl's after me. Both studs, and-

I held up my hands. "Ah, ah. Ian tryna hear about ya love conquests and things of that nature. You got ya friend's phone, out you go."

"I don't think I can be Liviya's friend after the way she lied to me," Natille admitted. "She hurt you, and that's not cool. I didn't...dislike your or whatever that much. Regina, I did."

I push her out of my doorway. "Well, figure that out on your own. Goodbye."

"Maybe lunch with you someti-

I slammed the door in her face and locked it. I headed back to the bathroom, trying to stomach the knowledge that Liviya was back in my life.

😵