Bitter Beginnings

Xiomara's POV •

"What's her problem?" I ask as that Natille bitch leaves.

"Quite honestly...I do not know," Regina sighs. "But anyways, welcome to Midnight Drop. You'll find that it's more refined and polished here than Sunrise Come," she grins.

"I heard you guy's have stars here. Everyday niggas stay coming into Sunrise. It's crazy there," I shake my head. "So I take it that you're the owner?"

"One and only. I think you're going to bring a new light to Midnight," Regina smirks. "And if you don't mind- you can start working tonight."

"Well, I'll have to let the people over at Sunrise know that I'm quitting-

"I'll handle everything. We start at five. Personal rooms are open from five to ten. This place is usually deserted, but I'd say you only have about another three hours before your shift begins. Everything else opens up at eight."

"Wow," I say, a crazy smile taking over my face. "I," holding up my phone I blush with excitement, "need to text my friend. She's out in the parking lot waiting for me."

"Sure, sure. Go ahead. I'll show you around when you get back."

I walk off to the side while Regina goes to talk to one of the bartenders. "Indigo," I whisper into my phone.

"What?" my friend asks back in a plain tone.

"I got the job," I whisper excitedly.

"I'm so happy for you, X," my best friend says in a soft but proud voice. "I told youuu."

"Shush. But, my shift starts at five. After the owner's done showing me around I'll be out. Give me another fifteen minutes at the most."

"Alright, bet. Ima swing around to the Wendy's and pick us up something in celebration."

"Thank you, Indigo."

"No problem."

"Ready?" Regina calls, standing near a long hallway.

"Ready," I call back.

I'm doing this for Zabelle.

After Regina finishes showing me around, I walk out to the parking lot, half expecting to see Natille waiting for me. I don't even know her and she already has it out for me. To imagine that we'll be working together. The fucking horror!

"How'd everything go? I know you got the job but you look borderline pissed," Indigo comments, handing me my bag of food. I sigh, resting my elbow against the door. "Some bitch came in and was talking all this shit. Recognized me from our...you know...the things we do on the website. She basically tried to get me fired in front of the owner then comes back all happy and shit and asks for a job and immediately gets one," I scoff. "That bitch has to be fucking her."

"I'm sorry X," Indigo mumbles, taking the car out of Park and pulling out of the lot.

"It's not your fault. I'm not ashamed of what I do, but honestly I gotta face that other people might be," I sigh. "I almost lost a good job today." My mood brightened. "Regina said she really needed me and I found out that Midnight Drop is broke. Shorty, I'm finna be getting cash for days," I smile to myself.

"We can stop it...if you want," Indigo suggests slowly, bringing a crispy French fry between her lips.

"I don't want to," I sigh. "But it can fuck up my future and Zabelle's too."

"We can continue in private," my best friend suggested. "I enjoy doing what we do-

"Or we can just do it without anything watches us," I suggest slowly, biting on a nugget.