𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚        ˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

This Guilty Blood

The feeling of impending doom was crushing. Just as they finally thought that they had beaten their gravest enemy, he had undermined them again. It was as if the forces of the universe were physically acting against them. It was a wake-up call for all of them. Denying them peace and denting their hope. There was five of them against him and still, he came out victorious. What chance did they have?

Arya sighed, rummaging through Jace's room for the last thing he might have worn, something that he still had a connection with for Magnus to use. It was hard, she couldn't lie. Going through his stuff made her gut wrench. She knew that the day he had been taken, she should've listened to her instincts. It was like a faint whispering in the back of her mind that got louder and louder the longer the day had gotten. And the worse thing was that it still hadn't stopped. The whispering. It was just as loud and just as persistent as before.

The brunette decided that she had to remove herself from Jace's room once she finally spotted something she could use—grabbing a jacket from his closet and an old seraph blade from beside his bed. It tormented her when she picked it up since she remembered the first time they both duelled against one another with their new blades.

"That's cheating," Jace grumbled, closing his seraph blade and walking over to the shelving at the side where he placed it once Arya had finally made him surrender with a seraph blade to his back.

"Don't be bitter." Arya teased, doing the same thing.

"I'm not bitter, you cheated." The blonde scoffed with the same expression he held when she and Izzy would gang up against him and Alec in uno—or anything.

"How did I cheat?" She scoffed, pulling her jacket back on, the coldness of the room finally hitting her now they stopped moving.

"That flip. You can't do flips in combat. That's cheating." He insisted—although they both knew that he was just a sore loser.

"That flip was not cheating. It's something called talent, JJ." She smirked, completely aware that she was winding him up. He scoffed in reply and folded his arms. "Stop sulking." She whined when she saw the pout and the scowl on his features.

"Izzy and Alec would agree with me." He grumbled in a huff.

"Yeh, we'll we're not training with Izzy and Alec." The brunette sighed.

"Yeh, only because all you and Alec do is flirt and he goes easy on you cos he doesn't want to hurt you. And you and Izzy are constantly distracted." He insisted making Arya blush slightly.