𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 (𝟏) ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Dead Man's Party

THE CITY OF BONES HAD ARYA RATTLED. Even though Clary had now experienced first-hand one of the scariest aspects of the shadow world—she still didn't understand the concept that selfish actions and emotions interfered with keeping everybody safe. Even after Simon had been taken and dangled over the edge of a building, narrowly avoiding death, she continued to ignore the fact that it was their fault if Simon got hurt—all because they carelessly let him join them on a risky mission.

Alec of course had been fuming the entire ride back to the institute. By the vampires taking Simon, they had directly put a mundane in a life or death situation when their job was to protect everyone who couldn't protect themselves. The Clave would be equally as angry--if not more so--and they would all face some kind of sanction if anybody found out.

Izzy felt the most responsible since she was the one who had left him alone in the car—yet Arya had reminded her a dozen times that if they hadn't have brought Simon along in the first place then he wouldn't have had the chance to be taken. Even though, Clary still felt the need to place all of the blame upon the raven-haired girl—not even considering how her actions played a part in his kidnapping also.

Jace however felt the same as he always did. The rebellious acts giving him an adrenaline rush, even if said reactions had been the cause of Simon disappearing. The mundane was the last thought swimming around in his head with far less important ones taking control of his actions. It was strange to see how two parabatai could share such a brotherly bond yet be so opposite.

So, as they entered the institute the same thought was at the front of everyone's minds—except Jace's maybe. They needed to get Simon back. Without the Clave knowing what had happened and where they had been as well as what they had done.

"I still don't understand. How can shadow hunters be better than...than what you people call 'mundanes'?" Clary tried to fathom while they made their way into the main floor of the institute—hoping nobody noticed the missing mundane they had been with previously, and if so they assumed he had left—not that he had been abducted by vampires.

"Because we protect humans." Izzy justified and everybody agreed. "Your right." Clary huffed and Arya was already prepared for the rant she was about to give about the fact they had lost Simon—completely ignoring the fact that she played a part in the blame too. "Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van." She stressed and Arya muttered an annoyed 'for god sake' under her breath. "Great job, guys. You rock." She snapped at the end.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec snapped back but Izzy interjected before he could argue any further while Clary simply scoffed. "Alec, not now." The raven-haired girl snapped at her older brother.