1

Daryns pov.

"So who is it you like this time?" Carmen sniped at me. I rolled my eyes and tilted my head up at the person sitting at the tables.
"Oooh you like a they them" Carmen said.

"What does their pronouns have to do with anything?" I asked.
"I heard they used to use they/he pronouns, you know what that means right?" I gave carmen a warning look. She continued anyways. "That means they wanted to be a boy at one point, you like someone who's not even a girl." Carmen said. I noticed her hand on my knee as we talked, blech.

"That's cool," I replied. "I'm not really into feminine people anyways." Leaving carmen with a stuck face I got up and walked over to Kiari. I sat across from them and waited until they looked up.
"How may I help you?" They said. I smiled and made eye contact with Kiari.

"Remember me? I'm Daryn, hi." I said. They smiled at me and looked me over. I think that's a good thing? I usually don't pursue people I like but Kiari is different. I'm so drawn to them so I just had to have them.
"Oh yea. Hi Daryn what can I help you with?" Kiari asked. I took a deep breath.

"Honestly I like you and I would like to bring you on a date, if that's okay with you?" Kiari stared at me.
"Are you joking?" They asked.
"No, that's mad childish. I'm very serious." I replied.

"Okay well, where do you want to bring me?" Kiari asked. Smart, making sure I actually have a plan.
"I know you like art stuff, so I can book us a place at the painting spot so we can make something. Then we can pick a place to eat at on that strip. Does that work for you?" They smiled at me.

"Yea that works, what time?"
"5, hopefully get you back around 9." I replied. Kiari stuck their hand out to me. I placed my phone in their hand. I watched as they typed in their number, I tried to contain my excitement.
"Use it wisely." Kiari said as their watch started beeping.
"I gotta go but definitely text me. Bye Daryn." They said with a smile. I waved back with a huge grin on my face. I definetly won.

Later that night...

My phone vibrated next to me. I was getting ready to see Kiari.
k: i can't leave can u come over peas
k: *please
k: oopsies heh
k: i explain when u get here
I rolled my eyes, were they serious???
d: yea sure. send me ur addy
k: here u go! 595 Ingrid Lane i'm in appartement 97b on the 8th floor
d: do you want anything from the store?
k: CANDY CANDY CANDY LOTS OF IT OO AND APPLE JUICE
d: okay okay what kind of candy?
k: ALLLL OFFF ITTTTTT
d: i cant get you all of it but i'll grab what i can, omw rn
k: kk drive safe😁

I pulled up at Kiaris apartment building. I went inside the building and looked around for the elevator. I found it and stepped inside, pressing the button labeled 8. The ride up was eerily silent, these folks couldn't get some jazz in the elevator? I got out and walked down the hall to find 97b on a small gold plate on their door. I knocked twice.

"COMING COMING DONT LEAVE!" Kiari yelled. They opened the door and smiled at me.
"DARYNNN YOURE HERE!"
"Yes I told you I would come, may I come in?" I asked
"Yes yes yes come in." Kiari said. I followed them inside and placed the bags in the kitchen. They frowned and brought them to the room with the tv.

"We in here." They said. Kiari looked adorable, they had on a brown onesie with bunny ears at the top. There was a tail on the back as well. I sat down on the floor with them. Kiari just stared at me.

"Kiari why couldn't we go out? I dont mind staying in I just want to know."
"Had a problem, had to stay home. Can we watch tv now?" Kiari replied. I stared at them, they seem like an age regressor based on the behavior and the way they're talking. I decided that's the route I would take.
"Of course angel, what would you like to watch?" I asked. They beamed at me.
"YOU WANNA SEE MY ROOM IT HAS ALL MY STUFFIES COME ON!!" Kiari yelled. They ran down the hall and I chased after them. I mean I thought we was gonna watch tv but ok. We walked past a room that was green.

"Kiari what's that room?"
"Ooo that's my big kid room we look in there later come look at my little stuff." They said. That was the confirmation I needed to continue with how I acted with them. Maybe as our relationship grows and develops I'll ask about being their caregiver. Kiari opened up a door with a rainbow painted on it. The room was light blue with toys all over the floor. There was a round bed with loads of comforters and pillows.

"Aw baby your room is so cute."
"Eee tank you DD, can I call you DD?"
"Of course you can, Good job asking for things." I said. They sat on the bed and tapped the spot next to them.
"Go get book now." They demanded. I didn't move and continued standing.
"Ask properly." They rolled their eyes at me. They're quite the brat.
"Can you go get book now pease?"
"Kiari..."
"UGH FINE. Can you PEASE go get book PEASE?" They said. I smiled and looked at their book case. I chose How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon. I got in their bed and they crawled into my lap. But then they quickly got up and grabbed a round rubber circle, it looked like a chew toy. They sat back down and cuddled up with me.

"You comfy?" I asked Kiari. They nodded and pointed to the book. I started reading and by time I was done all I heard was their gentle breathing. Definitely not what I was expecting for a first date. But I had no complaints, Kiari is such a kind person. I've known them for a while, we just never talked much. I figured why wait? I hope we go places. Anyways I waited about an hour before getting up from their bed. They stirred a bit but didn't wake up. I made my way down the hall and laid on the couch after I cleaned up a bit. I closed my eyes and knocked.

hey folks. questions, comments, concerns?
please vote!