Fashion Show (epilogue pt. 1)

A/N

Heyo. I'm back from the dead. 

Sorry if you were waiting for the next chapter--I got busy and couldn't sit down to write. But anyway, here's part 1 of the epilogue! (I have no idea when part 2 will be out lol)

Luv ya!

--Cal

--- Sometime in the future ---

Adrien's POV

"Hey!! Wait for us!" I called, running up to the car.

"Took you long enough," Alya said as Luka and I slid into the vehicle. Nino was in the front seat, consulting his phone for directions. 

"Sorry, got held up," Luka said. "Now come on! We don't wanna be late for Mari's fashion show."

"Is Kagami meeting us there?" I asked. 

"Yeah, she texted me a few minutes ago," Alya said. "Nino, you were supposed to turn left!"

"But the app said--"

Alya facepalmed. "We've driven this route at least ten times, dude."

"You know I'm bad at directions!"

Alya laughed as Nino made a U-turn on a quiet street. She turned on the radio, putting the volume on full blast. 

"Hey, turn it down!" Plagg complained. "It's too loud."

Trixx flew out of a cupholder and stuck out her tongue. "What, can't handle a little noise?"

"Oh, shoot," Alya realized. "I forgot to bring a purse for the kwamis."

"Don't worry about us," Sass said. "We'll stay out of sight and observe from a distance."

"Or we could hang out in here," Plagg suggested. "We've already seen enough fashion shows."

Wayzz popped out from under Nino's hat. "Don't you want to support our human friend, Plagg?"

"Everyone shut up, Marinette's calling," Alya said, muting the stereo so she could put her phone on speaker. "Hey, girl, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing! Everything's great!" 

"That's not very convincing." 

"Okay, okay, there's been a slight mix up. We were supposed to have live musicians performing for the show today, but they just cancelled on us an hour ago and I'm kinda freaking out--"

"Mari, chill. Don't worry about it! Luka and Adrien can play for you. Guys, tell her you can play for her."

"Sure, Marinette," Luka said. "We've been rehearsing our repertoire for a new gig so we've got plenty of material."

"Oh my God, you guys are lifesavers. Meet me backstage as soon as you can. We've already got the instruments."

"No problem, see you in twenty," Luka said just as Alya hung up. 

I punched him in the arm. 

"Hey, what was that for?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe cuz you just volunteered us to play without checking with me first??"

"What's the big deal? We perform all the time!"

"Yeah, but not in front of an audience that big."

He kissed me on the cheek. "You'll be fine, Chaton. I believe in you."

"Nino, you just missed the venue!" Alya said. 

"Sh*t, not again!"

When we finally arrived at the building, Luka and I went off in a different direction find Mari. She was pacing back and forth until she saw us running towards her and the crew. 

"Thank you guys so much," she said. "Go warm up--show starts in twenty." 

She shoved us into the room with the catwalk, where all the seats were empty. As per Marinette's regulations, the audience wouldn't be allowed in until just a few minutes before the show. Luka picked up the classy violin propped up next to the grand piano, plucking a few strings to check that it was in tune. I sat at the extravagant keyboard and did a few scales to get my hands warm, then started practicing one of Kitty Section's songs, but with a slower tempo. Luka joined in after a few measures, and he kept up surprising well despite only having played this piece on guitar. We ran through a few more songs before Marinette's head popped out from behind the curtain. 

"How's it going?" 

"Great, I think we're pretty much ready," Luka said. 

"Okay, perfect." 

And with that, she disappeared again. Just a few minutes later, people began piling in and taking their seats. I started playing a casual jazz solo while we waited for the show to commence. I looked up at Luka, who was gazing at me with a soft smile. 

"What?" I whispered. 

"I love you," he muttered, stepping beside me and planting a kiss on my forehead. 

The tune I was playing gradually started sounding more romantic as warmth filled my heart. With Luka next to me, the whole world faded out into the distance. It was just him, me, and the music.