Part 5 - Mutual Feelings

(Luka's POV)

When I walked into the classroom, there were two things that caught my attention. Marinette, who was unusually early, started glaring at me the moment I arrived. I gave her a small wave, unsure about why she was mad, but she turned away with a huff.

The other thing I noticed was that Adrien had his face on the table in front of him. He was pulling at his hair while still talking to Nino. He looked a bit flustered, so I approached him, wanting to tease him a little.

"Hey, Adora," I said, leaning over his desk.

Adrien's head shot up. "Who?"

"You know, from She-Ra."

"Why do people keep comparing me to cartoon characters?!?!"

I laughed. "Maybe because you're just so adorable."

"Hey, I'm not--I'm not adorable!"

I tapped him on the nose. His eyes went crossed and a blush spread from his cheeks to his ears.

"See?" I said. "Adorable."

Adrien sank down his his seat, and melted onto the floor under the desk.

"Look what you did!" Nino accused. "You broke him!"

I knelt down and ducked underneath the table to see Adrien hugging his shins and banging his forehead against his knees.

"Hey, stop that," I said, reaching out to touch his hand. "You'll hurt yourself."

"Why does being around you make me want to scream?" he mumbled.

I frowned, and started backing away. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize."

"No, wait--" he said timidly. "Not... not in a bad way... argh, I don't know, this is all so weird."

"We still have a few minutes before class actually starts, do you wanna go talk outside for a bit?"

"I--sure. Yeah."

We crawled out from under the desk and headed into the hall. There were people chatting against the wall, so I took Adrien's hand and led him to somewhere more private; under the staircase in the courtyard.

"I've been meaning to ask you something," I said. "I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I wasn't sure if I should, but, here goes... do you wanna go out with me?"

Adrien's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. This wasn't the reaction I was expecting.

"I'll take that as a no," I said, embarrassment creeping up my spine. "Sorry, forget I said anything."

"No! I mean, yes! I want to go out with you."

"You do?"

He nodded enthusiastically.

My confidence returned. "So, when are you free?"

"Uh... never." He rubbed the back of his neck and stuck one hand in his pocket. "My father keeps me on a tight schedule from 7 in the morning to eight at night."

"Hmm. I guess I'll just have to make it work."

(Adrien's POV)

At the end of the school day, I walked out the front doors of the school alongside Nino, Alya and Marinette. I kept checking my phone, waiting to hear from Luka, but I still hadn't received anything.

"Hey, Nino, can I talk to you for a second?" I said, as Alya and Marinette started a conversation amongst themselves.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Luka asked me out," I whispered once we were out of earshot.

"Whoa, no way! That's awesome, dude!"

"Yeah, except he hasn't told me what we're doing, or when we're going to meet up. I haven't heard anything from him all day--is that his way of saying that he doesn't actually care?"

"Hey, chill out, man. He's probably in the midst of planning something. Have you tried texting him?"

"Are you crazy? I can't do that! You know how awkward I am on the group chat; what makes you think I'll be any better one-on-one?"

"Seriously, dude, you need to calm down. It's really not that hard, you just have to ask him what he's up to, and carry on the conversation from there--oh, I've got to go. Alya and I are going to the movies."

"Have fun!" I said as he ran off to link arms with his girlfriend. I heard a grunt that sounded remotely like my name, so I looked over to see my bodyguard waving at me from the car. Although I knew he wasn't as angry as he seemed, I still didn't want to take any chances, so I waved goodbye to my friends and ran towards the limousine.

Back at home, I plopped down on the couch and pulled out my phone. I had a staring contest with the blank screen, without any intention of unlocking it. I sighed and set it down on the ground.

"Come on, kid, don't be such a wimp," Plagg said, pulling out a piece of cheese form his stash and shoving it into his mouth. "Call him already!"

I grumbled aimlessly and flipped over onto my stomach, suffocating myself in a cushion. I wanted to talk to someone about this. Someone other than Plagg. He never gave good advice. I picked up my phone, and stared at my screensaver, which was a picture of me and my class.

My first thought was Nino, but he was probably still on his date with Alya. Kagami was the only other person who I had come out to, but she didn't normally have free time. What about Marinette? She might have a hard time getting out a sentence, but she had a kind heart. Also, maybe we could play a few video games. That was always fun.

"Sh*t, Mari!" I exclaimed suddenly. "I totally forgot; I promised to give her a Chinese lesson today!"

I pulled open the calendar on my phone to double check. We had chosen this date weeks ago, but it completely slipped my mind until now.

"Do you have your dad's approval for this?" Plagg wondered.

"I didn't even ask him."

"Oh, well. I guess we'll just have to stay here and eat delicious cheese."

"No, I can't let Marinette down! I'll just have to sneak out."

"In the middle of the day? Your bodyguard won't let you leave, ya know."

"Who said I was sneaking out the door? Plagg, claws out!"