Chapter 1

The day I got the email everything in my life changed. I had visited London at the beginning of the year and while I was there I put my resume in for a couple of their schools.  Well I didn’t hear from anyone for a couple months and June 1st I got an email saying I got a job in London. They were going to help me move and get all the right paperwork filled out so I could stay. I was moving out to London at the end of the month. I started saying goodbye to everyone except for one person, a girl I worked with at my church in youth group. I had a to tell Madison everything but I knew she would not take it well. So I took her to Buffalo Wild Wings her favorite restaurant and explained that I was moving at the beginning of July they wanted me to move early enough to get settled and situated in the area. “But you can’t leave I look up to you.” She whispered.

“Maddy you can still talk to me and you are more then welcome to come out and visit.” I said trying to make her think about the good that could come from this.

“It’s not the same Laura you’re the one adult I can talk to.”

“Madison you will still be able to talk to me I will always be only just a phone call away.”

“I can come out and visit?”

“Of course you can visit maybe even do a study abroad thing.”

“Ok.” She said still sounding upset by this change.

            I moved two weeks after that conversation. I sent stuff over to my new home and was excited to start a new life in a new place. As I walked into my new apartment building butterflies hit my stomach. I had headphones in my ears and was singing along to Little Mix as I walked up the steps. I always knew I was to old to like the new groups coming out but Little Mix was amazing and I loved One Direction. I was about to walk up the next flight of steps when I almost walked into someone. “Oh my God I am so sorry. I was walking with my head down and singing along with my music.” I rambled as he grabbed my shoulders to keep me from falling back.

“It’s ok.” He said with a not English accent, it sounded Irish. After righting myself another guy walked out saying, “Great Willie killing the new American already?” I looked over to see none other then Niall Horan of One Direction. His comment hurt so I ignored him and walked over to my apartment. “Great and she is out new neighbor.” He groaned walking towards the steps.

“Um excuse me I have done nothing to you and you are already judging me! To think the world thinks it’s us Americans who are rude! I seriously hope you are just having a bad day because I still have hope for the people of London.” I sighed turning and walked into my apartment. I shut the door and took a shaking breath trying not to cry. I was thousands of miles from home and one of the first people I met hated me. My hands were shaking and tears were slowly sliding down my cheek when I heard a gentle knock on my door. “Um excuse me?” I heard an Irish accent on the other side of my door. I opened it to see Niall standing there, “hey um I am sorry.” He said standing there awkwardly. I looked him in the eyes and tried to remain calm and whispered, “I am sorry too. I shouldn’t have jumped on you like that, it was a long flight to get here.”

“Well since we are two sorry people how about we start over?” Niall asked

“Starting over sounds great.” I laughed.

“I am Niall Horan and my roommate is Willie Devine.”

“Oh I know who you are I worked with teenagers back at home all the girls listen to One Direction. I was forced to listen for a while and then I started to like you all. Ha God why do I keep rambling?” I laughed to myself.

“Ha its cool so what is your name?”

“Oh um I am Laura Raffl.”

“So you are moving in?” he asked.