18 - hello, stranger

"nice," Kokonoi sends her a smirk once she steps out of her room.

he was dressed in loose but expensive clothes, buttons so shiny that she wouldn't doubt they were made of true gold—not to mention the elegant patterns embroidered in his cuffs. he was probably going for the casual look but a multi-millionaire—possibly even a billionaire—could never look like a simpleton try as he might.

"someone looks rich," she teases.

"is that so?" he lowly says, walking up closer to her.

Hikari raises a brow at him, tilting her face up to his height to maintain eye contact once the man had stepped close. Ran is taller than him, she subconsciously thought, unable to even scold herself for thinking about him once a hand had pulled her by the small of her back.

"should we just have fun some other way?" he whispers next to her ear.

she gulped down nervously.

"I see you're in the mood to misbehave today," she says, putting in an effort to level her voice.

"is that a bad thing?"

his breath warmed the side of her neck, lips planting delicately on her jaw like he was being careful. at the lack of any movement to stop him, he trails his kisses downward, pulling her closer to himself as he breathes her in.

she lightly sighs, her hand resting at his nape while he softly sucks on her skin. mine, he thought. he wanted her to be his so desperately although he knew marking her meant nothing on how much Ran was engraved in her mind.

Ran was unfortunately alive but Hikari seemed to believe he was dead. Koko didn't bother to tell her she thought wrong, what matters was that he was the only one left in her life now.

he lifts his face up to kiss her without warning, Hikari moaning softly into his mouth from his harshness. the girl had no clue what things were running through his mind as he backed her up against the wall, for all she could think of was that she was in no position to resist.

her heart wasn't in it; it was obvious. her hands were hesitant, her kiss barely reciprocating his need. as Koko pulls away, his dark eyes weren't alight from the thrill of their moment—Hikari knew why.

"you're not stopping me," he mutters.

"it's fine," she lowly says as she looks away.

"I'm sorry." he steps away from her immediately like she had burned him.

the air was awkward around the two as he turns to grab his coat from the back of the sofa. both felt frustrated with themselves, and neither knew what to say.

however, with his back to her, he felt like he could speak easier now.

"do you think I'm like Ran?"

"what?" without even having to look at her, he already knew the kind of expression she'd be wearing right now.

"I'm not going to force myself on you—nor do you have to comply with anything. this is not like how it was with you and Ran."

"why do you keep bringing him up?" she unintentionally snaps.

"it's just, I'm not like him at all, Hikari. I care for you, I wouldn't hurt you if you resisted me."

"even when I insulted him more than there are seconds in a day, he has never hurt me either. I don't know why you're making him out to be so far beneath you."

he finally turns to look at her, disbelief written across his face. "you're defending him?" he scoffed condescendingly.

she stills. was I defending him? it could've only been a mistake, because she'd never intentionally defend Ran. she doesn't get at all why she was so irritated, but the girl lets out a breath to calm herself.