04 - Russian roulette

maybe i don't need to put this but i will for now—mature content ahead!

+++

"Russian roulette, Hikari. pray that it kills me before I kill you."

her eyes widen in horror at the sight, a wave of panic rushing coldness all throughout her veins. even if she wasn't the one under immediate danger of a bullet passing through her head, her heart rings in her ears as she closely watches Ran's fingertip tracing the trigger. not to mention, the purple hue of the room made everything feel so dreadful and ominous.

he could only smile from her obvious fear. she was frozen right where he wanted her to be—in his sight and within his reach. she was like a wild, prideful animal that battled between the fear for survival and a temper she couldn't keep in check. these type of women were the loveliest to be kept beneath his feet, submissive and needy.

thrilled to the point of ecstasy, he pulls the trigger. Hikari immediately shut her eyes, wary of the potential image of blood and a gunned head before her. she was afraid to the point of shaking, and shaking to the point of being immobile.

"your turn," says Ran, his voice a lethal dose of amusement and danger.

as she opens her eyes, she wasn't quite sure whether she was relieved he was alive or not. a smile still plays at his lips as he holds out the revolver towards her, his eyes telling her to do as he says or her death would be certain.

between a probable and a definite death—she would obviously choose the former.

the only problem was that she can't bring herself to walk towards him anymore like she bravely did before, and even if she were to stand directly before him, she had no interest in picking up the revolver and putting it against her own temple.

"is there a problem?"

"what do you think?" she sarcastically says. "everything about this is problematic."

"that's because you think too much," he chuckles as he gets up from his seat and approaches her.

legs that seemed to stretch for miles, his journey to her was short. Hikari had to crane her neck upwards to keep in contact with his eyes since if there's one thing she learned from constantly struggling for her survival, it was that a person's eyes would tell her enough of what she needed to know.

Ran's eyes right now for example, told her that she was threading between death and pleasure. both options were unjust, however the latter was plenty alluring. a smile so seductive and purple eyes that captivates a soul; the revolver was barely in her mind anymore.

"you look like you want to fuck me now."

"I don't."

"then you still want to die," he muses as he reaches for her hand.

the revolver's surface may have been cold or maybe it was her fear again that iced up her veins. Ran gently places it in her hand, watching her intently as she looked down in disbelief at the weapon that was already in her hold.

so pretty, he thought.

he towered over her with barely enough distance for him to not get impatient. he can smell her shampoo of vanilla and romantic perfume. he could see the cleavage of her breasts over the elegant curving of her lashes which he notes were authentic. now that he thinks about it, her face was bare and he didn't even notice it until now.

"please stop," she whispers shakily as her grip tightens on the gun.

if she were to shoot him there would be no guarantee he'll die, and if she went along with this stupid game, there wasn't any guarantee she'd live either.