07 - falter

the early morning sun hit Hikari's face, the said girl unbothered by it as she continued to sleep. Ran stands before her to block the light, reaching out behind him with one hand to close the curtains as his other hand held his phone to his ear.

"Rin, good morning," Ran smiles to himself.

"it's fucking seven in the morning Ran."

"I sent you a picture of the girl hours ago. found out anything yet?"

"is it really important?" he grumbles, rolling in his bed in frustration from the other end of the call.

"yes," Ran frowns. "did you look into it already?"

"I did. my men also interrogated the guys you shot yesterday. turns out they're a part of Red Flower. so's that girl, Ran. she does stuff for them since she owes them money."

"ah, so she really is their bitch, thought as much," he amusedly says.

as if sensing being talked about in her sleep, Hikari turns the other way around so her back was facing Ran. his purple eyes watch her disheveled hair block the sight of her face, her limbs closely pulled together to herself like she was crouching. it took him this long to realize that she wasn't beneath the covers so she was freezing.

"stubborn woman," he mutters under his breath as he easily tosses the covers over her sleeping frame.

"what?" Rin asks.

"nothing. for now, don't tell the others about Hikari, okay?"

"Hikari? oh, so she has a name now?" he disapprovingly says.

"of course she has a name, who doesn't have a name these days Rindou?"

"Ran, hiding important things like this from Mikey would-"

"would seem like I'm betraying Bonten. don't worry, I'm not an idiot, brother."

"judging from the picture you sent she's asleep on your bed isn't she?"

"yup, I'm keeping her for a while," he beams.

"I feel like that's a bad idea. it's fucking stupid. that building's even our headquarters, who knows what she'll find if she snoops around."

"yeah, sorry about that. it's just this was the nearest to the club. I thought I could fuck her but it was a let down," he chuckles.

"you didn't?"

"no, now let's end the call here. I have something to do."

"which is?"

"you wouldn't want to know," Ran grins as he walks over to sit on the cushioned chair that faced Hikari.

"I do. it sounds stupid."

"I'm going to jerk off, Rindou," he bluntly says. "I have to fuck myself since I didn't get to fuck Hikari last night."

"fucking disgusting."

and with that, the phone call ended. the elder brother laughs at him as he tosses his phone to his side, eyes now focused on Hikari who was such an appealing view in the morning glow of his bedroom.

she slightly moans in her sleep as she turns, now facing upwards the ceiling as she subconsciously clutches the covers. he drank her in from where he sat. the curve of her neck, her nipples protruding against the cloth of silk. she looked frustrated in her sleep, he can't help but curve up a brow in curiosity.

"Ran."

it was barely above a whisper. he wouldn't be sure if she really spoke if it weren't for the slight movement of her lips.