nightmare

I came to my consciousness and slowly opened my eyes. When I adjusted to my environment, I see my cute redhead peacefully sleeping on my chest. Her hair spread on my whole upper body, her right hand resting on my shoulder.

I carefully free myself from her grasp to go to the kitchen and make myself a quick midnight snack.

When I entered the living room, I see no one around which is a good sight, because I am not really in the mood to talk.

Eventually, I go to the kitchen and get bread, peanut butter and jelly to make myself a pb & j sandwich.

As I about to finish my sandwich, I look up and see a sleepy, yet awake Natasha. Standing by the doorframe.

"Bub why are you awake?" You ask her with concern. She just looks at you and makes her way to you.

When she came closer, you see tears in her eyes. Without a word, she hugs you very tightly.

Your hands snake around her waist and hers around your neck. After some seconds you speak up.

"Darling what's wrong?" You ask as you caress her back.

You just hear sobs and sniffs.

"It's okay. I am here." You assure Natasha as she stuffs her face in your chest.

After a moment, she pulls aways, but she looks down.

You lift her chin up with your hand and ask "Do you wanna talk about it?"

She nods slowly. You take her hands in yours and kiss her knuckles.

"I had a nightmare about the Red Room. When I woke up, you weren't there and I panicked." She explained as she looks at you with pain in her eyes.

"Oh bubs. Come here." You embrace her in a tight hug, you kiss her temples.

"It's okay. You aren't there anymore. They can't do anything to you. I am sorry that I left you alone, I was hungry." You tell the redhead as you caress her back.

As you break the hug, you give her the sandwich. "Here bubs, you need it. It will make you feel better. I know you love PB & J sandwiches." You smile at her.

She takes the sandwich and eats it. You kiss her forehead.

"Thank you." She thanks you with a smile. The smile that warms your heart.

"Of course. Everything for you." You kiss her forehead again.

Wordlessly, you pick her up bridal style and make your way to your shared bedroom.

You put her carefully down and lay next to her. You put the duvet on both of you. She immediately cuddles you. Her arm around your waist and her head on your chest.

"I love you." She mumbles in your chest.

"I love you too my little bear." You kiss her forehead.

Both of you drift off to sleep.