Ch 33 A Vacation after Christmas

For all the talk of Lily being Ivana's sister, on Tuesday Lily and James went over to the Lionheart house in the morning, leaving Ivana to play with Minerva. Ivana really didn't mind. "Lily can be rather intense when she is talking about Quidditch," she told Ginny. "I like playing Quidditch, but I don't want to become a professional. It is fun being Minerva's big sister."

The oldest two Lionheart children were back with James and Lily right after lunch. "Mum's in full grandmother mode," Erica told Ginny. "All three of Tabitha's daughters are at our house, and we cannot concentrate with an eight, six, and four-year-old playing all over the house."

"May we use the dining room table, Mum?" James asked. "We are trying to figure out who to try and recruit for the Cannons, and how much we may have to pay them. Uncles Bill and Ron want a budget for player salaries."

Ginny gave her approval. She went up to checked in with Ivana, who was in Minerva's room playing with her. One floor down Albus and the band were practicing in the drawing room. Ginny thought that Rose and Scorpius were next door, probably using the large office on the top floor of thirteen Grimmauld Place. Ginny went up to her office, sat down, and thought.

Donna Lionheart already had three grandchildren. James was only a year and a half from graduating, and she had no doubts that James and Erica would marry as soon as they graduated. Albus was only a year behind. Bill Lionheart was also just a year behind, and he and James were naturals on the Quidditch field. James could not ask for a better field captain to his being the seeker.

The assumption was that Lily would marry Bill when she graduated. Ginny hoped Lily would wait that long. From what Ginny could see, Lily was already all too eager to let Bill into her knickers. At least there were spells at Hogwarts that kept witches from becoming pregnant, actually discouraged intercourse before sixteen. Mum and Minerva had put similar spells over the New Burrow property. She was going to have to think about having Lily take birth control potions once she was sixteen, except that would almost be like giving Lily permission ...

It was not easy being a parent.

If they were going to have a family vacation, just their family, they were going to have to do something soon. The children were growing up too fast. Ginny really wanted just a little time with only her family, just James, Albus, Lily and Minerva, and of course Ivana, but none of the future in-laws.

She used her Magical/Muggle mobile and contacted Harry. "Free to talk?" she asked.

"Uncommonly quiet," Harry replied. "Come on over, and I will let Mary Lou know not to disturb us unless it is necessary."

"I will see you in a few," Ginny replied. She told Ivana she would be out for a little while, then told the band members.

"If I see Rose and Scorpius I will tell them," Albus confirmed.

Ginny told James and the Quidditch group, and then took the Floo to the Ministry, where she was greeted by, "Hello Mrs. Potter" and, "Hello Ginny" in about equal measure.

Mary Lou Creevey saw Ginny coming. "Do I need to charm a chair for Mitzi," she kidded.

"Hello, Mary Lou," Ginny laughed. "I'm just here to talk with Harry, thank you very much. Mitzi is going to be in with me."

"You don't talk when you are at home?" Mary Lou persisted.

"It can be a bit of a madhouse at home when all the children are home, and their friends are over, and everybody is busy," Ginny countered. "Albus is practicing with the band, and James and his friends are deep in some sort of plotting and planning. At least Ivana is taking care of Minerva."