Ch 4 Waking Up

Again changes because Deb and Diane make me explain things. If you have any questions, please ask them in a review. I try to promptly respond to all reviews.

*

It was Saturday afternoon, a week after Cleo had been captured, and one of the healers told Ginny, "We are going to try and wake Albus up."

Ginny, standing at the end of the bed, saw the healers try to arouse Albus, and a groggy Albus opened his eyes. With help he sat up, and immediately reached over to check the wand carrier Cleo was still wearing. Satisfied, he blinked his eyes a few times, and shook his head.

"Albus, drink this," the healer said, handing Albus a potion, but holding it with him. A shaky Albus downed the potion.

Albus looked around again. "How long have I been here?"

Ginny moved forward and sat on his bed, and then replied, "Cleo was captured last Saturday, and you did not get back here until late Sunday night, almost Monday morning. It is Saturday afternoon, and you have been here, unconscious, for the better part of a week."

Albus looked over at his soulmate. "Thank you for keeping us together. Has Cleo been awake?"

"We tried to separate you, but your vital signs plummeted whenever we tried," the healer admitted.

Albus nodded, "That makes sense."

"We are going to try and wake Cleopatra up in a few hours. She was sicker than you, and you were both about as sick as anyone we had ever seen," the healer added.

"I'm still tired, and fuzzy," Albus moaned.

The healer presented Albus with more to drink. Albus recognized the Pepper-up Potion which would have kept him awake, but it was followed by another, unfamiliar, Potion. "Drink this. It will help you recover. Then you should sleep some more, and let your body heal."

Albus drank the liquid he was given, lay back down, reached over and put his hand on the wand carrier. He snuggled up to Cleo, and went back to sleep.

Four hours later Albus was awakened again, and again given more potions and more nourishment to drink. He was told that the next time he was awakened they were going to try and awaken Cleo as well.

Four hours after that Albus was awakened again. It was late Monday night. Albus looked around, and saw his mother again. "How long have you been here?"

Ginny admitted, "Ever since you were admitted. Grandmum is taking care of Minerva. I needed to be here for you and Cleo."

Albus shook his head again and asked for more water to drink. He took some deep breaths, and stretched. He then looked at Cleo, and the healer did something to try and wake her.

When that didn't work, Albus leaned over and touched Cleo's face with his fingers, "Cleopatra, my love, it is time to get up," Albus told Cleo.

Cleo opened her eyes with a snap. She sat up and frantically felt down to her hips. "I'm not a mermaid anymore," she noted. "That's good. I'm alive too, at least I think I am."

"I can assure you that you are alive," the healer agreed with relief, "although we were not sure we could save you. Drink this potion, and then we are going to give you some real food to drink."

Cleo did as she was told.

"That was quite an adventure, young lady," Ginny observed.

"I cannot say I am much in favor of having adventures, Mum Ginny," Cleo sleepily observed. "We can end the story with 'They Lived Happily Ever After' right now, and roll the movie credits."