Chapter 11

"Okay, so are we gonna talk about what we saw?" Maddie asked once we were safely away from any prying ears at the end of the night.

I threw my bag in the back of my car and buckled in, "I don't even know how to process it."

Maddie laughed, "I mean we suspected, but I just made it more as a joke. I didn't expect for them to actually be together. Do we tell them?"

I thought for a moment, "No, we'll let them be. When Chase and I got together it was so nice to have our own little thing and they probably just want to be with each other for a bit."

"Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe we'll tell them we knew later on," she shrugged and I nodded in agreement.

+++

There was an early call the next morning for us to film at the chateau and then on one of the banks where the pogues would be hiding from Raf and Barry. We filmed the first scene pretty quickly before moving set over to the banks. Today we had back to back scenes to get through and I was already exhausted. With COVID we had to rush through the scenes as quickly as possible to keep from any exposure.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know,it's only a matter of time," Maddie stated as we sat in a circle on  the bank.

"Before everyone knows," JD finished

"I told you," Rudy scoffed pacing around, "We should've gone south, man."

"Just stop it," Chase shot back as I stared at my feet.

"Why does no one ever listen?" He shouted.

"I get it. I get it. I understand," Chase tried to calm him down.

"I have an idea," I interjected softly, "With me back, my dad's going to haveto choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah, Sarah.." Chase started.

"He's gonna choose me," I cut him off.

"Just please listen.Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah," Chase told me and I looked towards the ground again.

"He won't agree after all that's happened," Maddie agreed.

"No. I... I know it sounds crazy," 

"Yeah, it does," she shot back.

"I know!" I shouted and paused trying to hold back tears, "But he's my dad. And I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours."

They all went silent, looking at the ground or anywhere to avoid eye contact with me. I took a deep breath and stood up. None of them said anything and I left the group heading towards the boat, sniffling as I went.

"Sarah," Chase finally spoke up turning towards me. I waited for him to join me and stared at his hands resting on his backpack, "Are you sure?"

I brought my eyes to his and nodded, "Mm-hmm. Yeah."

He sighed softly, "Okay."

Chase grabbed the back of my neck and pulled my forehead into his. We stood for a moment before I pulled away, our hands the last to leave each other. I left them behind before the scene was cut. Everyone else was done for the day and I had my scene at Tannyhill. We would pick up on the bank tomorrow with the police chase and then wrap the first episode of the season which was actually the fourth episode. Everyone else was heading back to hang at home since the scenes tomorrow weren't until the afternoon. I had to shoot some boating scenes by myself, all my training had led up to this moment and hopefully, I wouldn't mess it up. Luckily, the HMS Pogue was very easy to drive and all I had to do was drive it through the sound. We then transferred over to Tannyhill and prepared for that scene.