Chapter 13

This episode was a lot more relaxed than the last episode. It was still high stakes but I actually was only in a few scenes. It was still a pretty tense by the end of it as Chase was in the jail getting jumped, Rudy was about to get caught trying to free him and I was going to be jumped by Drew. That was the last scene of this episode and we'd be filming it later this week. I had some prior training with Drew to go over the stunt but other than that it was a chill week for once.

Currently, I was meeting up with Kelley for lunch before we would go to set to show her around. Even on my off days, I was still going to work. We had decided on a brunch spot down the street from our apartment and were seated inside by the window. As fall approached, the city became less busy with tourists and the streets were a lot less crowded.

"So how are things?" I asked as we ordered our drinks and decided on what to eat.

"Pretty good, work has been busy with COVID but luckily I haven't been pulled to that part of the hospital," she answered.

"Yeah, I'm sure that would be pretty scary," I nodded.

"I mean with cases going down it's been alright but I would be constantly thinking that I had COVID," she laughed.

"Oh yeah, especially if you psych yourself out and think that you have the symptoms," I agreed.

"Exactly!" She nodded, "So how are things with you and Chase?"

"We're good. I actually haven't seen him too much this week as we've had opposite schedules and are only free late at night. We text throughout the day though to let each other know what's going on but it's not the same. I'm hoping to plan something fun for us to do when we have some free time together," I answered, "But enough about that, we're old news, what about you and Drew?"

"We're good too. It's funny always at the beginning of a relationship how you feel like you know everything about each other but there's always something new that comes up," Kelley laughed. I nodded in agreement as she went on to tell me about some of the dates they had gone on. "We should go on a double date sometime."

"Oh my gosh, yeah, that would be so fun," I agreed, "We should do bowling or something like that." Our food was delivered so we continued chatting about double date ideas like going to the movies. "I don't think the guys would be down but maybe we could get the girls but I've always wanted to do one of those sip and paints."

"Yes! That...." Kelley started before we were interrupted by a knock on the window beside us.

A group of teenagers gathered waving frantically from the other side of the glass. I could only assume they were fans that had somehow found us.

"Hi," I waved and turned back to Kelley hoping they would go away.

"They just follow you everywhere don't they?" She asked mumbling so that they wouldn't hear us.

"Yeah, the unfortunate part of being on a Netflix show. I mean it's great and all but you basically have no privacy when out in public," I responded. They continued to wait as we ate, "It feels like you're in a fishbowl." My mood dropped a bit, just wanting to have some time with my friend without being interrupted but we had to cut our brunch short to get away from the staring eyes. We left the restaurant and they followed us to my car. They asked for photos and autographs and I politely declined but they persisted. I rushed into the car quickly and backed out trying to not hit anyone.

"I'm sorry about that," I said to Kelley once we were on our way to Tannyhill.

"It's okay, I don't mind. It's not like you can control it," she nodded.

Drew was already on set as he just had a semi-short scene with Charles where they fought and with Julia. Kelley could see how working on a set was and without the super long days. We parked and walked along the few trailers outside for equipment before heading inside.