Chapter 7

"It's okay," I said softly rubbing my hand up and down Chase's back the following morning as he sat hunched over the toilet.

"I'm never doing that again," he stated going over to the sink to wash his face.

"Yeah, I say that a lot after drinking and well you've seen where that has gotten me," I laughed, "I'm glad to see you finally let loose though."

I patted Chase on the shoulder before going back into his room and put on some joggers I had left here and one of Chase's sweatshirts. I could hear commotion in the living room meaning that whomever had stayed here was awake.

"Good morning," I announced walking into the living room.Rudy was in the kitchen making breakfast. Elaine and Maddie were sharing the couch and Drew was curled up in the beanbag. They all murmured their responses sounding tired.

"Is the birthday boy alive?" Rudy asked as I went over to get some juice for myself and water for Chase.

"Barely," I laughed as Milo ran up to me to say hello, "He's in the bathroom and will be out shortly."

"I can't believe all that went down last night," Maddie sighed.

"Yeah, what even was that?" I asked, "I had no idea what was going on and was suddenly surrounded."

"Well there's always seems to be fans while we're at the pier the last few times we've gone. Maybe someone tipped them off," Drew suggested while petting Milo who had curled up beside him.

"I swear, if that keeps happening and we can't go there anymore I'll be so sad," Elaine sighed.

"Honestly," I agreed.

"I guess we'll have to take cars now. Cause having to run all the way back here was not ideal," Rudy added.

"They were being so aggressive too," Maddie replied.

Chase walked out of his room and I handed him the water.

"Good morning birthday boy," Rudy greeted.

"Yeah, what the fuck was that?" Chase asked joining the conversation.

"I mean I guess it's gonna happen. Y'all are now out there and are faces of a Netflix show," Elaine shrugged.

"Doesn't give them the right to push that far," Drew responded.

"They we're asking some inappropriate questions too," I added.

"Like what?" Chase asked sternly.

"Nothing," I responded realizing he would probably get upset, "Just like relationship stuff."

"I had to fight for my life to get out of there," Rudy chimed in.

"I'm sorry it ruined your birthday party," I told Chase.

He shrugged, "I still had a good time."

"Yeah, it sure looked like it," Drew joked.

"Oh yeah, we could say the same about you and Kelley," Maddie shot back.

"Oh yeah, how did that go?" Elaine asked.

"You mean after you and Ro left me to come up with random shit to talk about outside of Charlotte?" He asked.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," I responded.