Star Trek Voyager: The Mylar Cat (Chapter 4)

A few minutes later, Janeway, now in uniform, and Tuvok, were walking beside the young teen cat boy heading toward sickbay. The captain had explained it was standard procedure for the doctor to ensure anyone coming aboard posed no danger to the ship or crew, or vice versa.
Aki understood and was happy to go with them. He had already seen the doctor for a medical when Janeway first brought him aboard in his little cat form, so he knew what was involved and that there was nothing to fear.

Tuvok's initial scans of Aki whilst in the captain's bed revealed the boy was naked, so the Vulcan replicated him some basic civilian fatigues and footwear, being mindful to adapt the parameters to include a suitable hole in the lower back area, to accommodate Aki's long fur tail.

As they traversed the various corridors, the Neko boy with his big fury cat ears and long fury tail, was attracting a lot of very inquisitive looks and stares from crew members as they passed.

Janeway felt a small hand hold onto hers. She glanced sideways to see Aki walking very close to her, his shoulders nervously hunched up as if trying to make himself smaller, half-hiding his already small frame behind her as they walked.

"I assure you, you have nothing to fear here," spoke Tuvok, attempting to offer reassurance, his unemotional tone of voice clearly trying to express at least some degree of compassion.

"They are all staring at me," Aki replied nervously.

Janeway looked empathetically at the nervous boy, "They don't mean any harm, I promise," she reassured, "they're just curious, that's all. They've never seen a Neko boy before."

Aki nodded, understanding, just as two engineering crewmen walked around the corner up ahead. Both immediately began staring in astonishment at the sight of the young cat boy and his big furry cat ears as they approached.
Janeway felt Aki's grip tighten nervously on her hand.

"Crewmen, eyes front," Janeway commanded, moving to ease Aki's jangled nerves.
They immediately understood, both stiffening up, shoulders respectfully drawn back to attention as they walked-by, intentionally averting their eyes away from Aki.
"Yes captain!" They both responded and passed-by without so much as a second glance.

"We'll need to get you acquainted with the crew as soon as possible, so they know who you are, then there shouldn't be any more stares, okay?" Janeway said, looking at him.
Aki nodded, looking appreciative.

.