Chapter 24

The morning that my husband left to return to work was a sad one and I don't know who felt it more. Jojo won't come out of her room, the twins have been constantly crying, and my husband is purposefully running late.

"Babe, did you find my ..."

"Black sneakers? Here." I smiled sadly, holding them up.

"Ugh ..." he groaned.

"Mi amor, you have to go." I told him.

"I don't want to."

"I don't want you to but your time at home is up."

"My wife, my babies ..."

"Depending on the storyline, I'll see if I can travel with the kids to the next PPV event." I promised.

"I'll be home soon." he said, wrapping his arms around my waist and abandoning his suitcase.

"We'll be watching, papi. Go make your babies proud."

"You packed everything? I don't want you to be alone with the kids all of the time."

"Sadly enough. Your mom said she'll stop by more and Mel will be coming by after classes. Jojo starts school in two weeks, I'll be fine alone with the twins for a while."

"Mel might as well move in, she basically lives here." he smiled.

"I thought about it but she's happy in the apartment. Maybe I'll mention it."

"I'll be home soon. As soon as I can."

"Te amo, mi amor."

"I love you too, I gotta ..."

"Yo uce!"

"Uce let's go!" the twins shouted.

"There's your ride." I sighed.

"It's never been more difficult to leave." he sighed.

He bent down to kiss me and then walked over to the nursery, before going up to Joelle's room. I grabbed his bag and walked into the living room, kissed the twins cheeks and dropped Le's bag onto the sofa.

"You good momma?" Jon asked.

"I'll be okay, make sure he's focused on work, please." I told them.

"We will, how are the kids?" Josh asked.

"Twins have been ... cranky all morning." I said as their cries rang out again. "Jojo won't leave her room, we had to make her come down for breakfast."

"She got used to having him home and she's gonna miss him." Jon said.

"Yeah, me too."

"Mom said she'll stop by with Lisa during the week." Josh added.

"We'll be fine, I promise. Everything is going back to normal now, just another day in the life."

"Alright babe, I'll call you when I land." Le said.

"You talk to her?" I asked, kissing him quickly.

"Yeah, she's crying." he sighed.

"I'll handle it, go."

"Love you, Ari."

"Love you too, bye boys." I smiled when they kissed my cheeks.

"By Ari."

As soon as they left, I checked on the twins who cried themselves to sleep, before going upstairs to check on Jojo. I could hear her sniffles from the hallway and it hurts my heart.