Chapter 27

We just chilled and played with the babies for a while. When we put them down, Mel followed me back into my room so I know something is on her mind.

"Ari ...'

"What's up?"

"Can I stay here tonight? With you?"

"You want ... of course. Go shower and come back." I smiled.

30 minutes later both of us were showered and laying down watching a movie. An hour later, Mel was knocked out and 30 minutes after that, I had another visitor as I was falling asleep.

"Mommy?"

"Jojo, what happened mi amor?" I asked her half asleep. "Why are you in here, it's late?"

"I had a nightmare." she sniffled and I jumped out of bed.

"Oh baby, come here."

I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder to cry. She held onto me tightly and I knew she fell asleep when her hold loosened on my shirt. I laid her down in the middle of the bed and she quickly snuggled into Mel's side. Even in her sleep, Mel gravitated around Jojo so she contoured her body around Jojo. The two of them really do make me smile, so I took a picture and sent it to Le. Before laying back down I went into the nursery and checked on the twins, my cute little two-month-old babies. We really did make the cutest babies ever.

In the morning, the phone call went about as well as I expected it to go. Mami was not happy about this at all, she started arguing with me in English and Spanish. Mark had a lot of questions that I just don't have the answers to yet because I haven't spoken to my husband. We agreed to speak again after I have the conversation with Le. I love my sister but she really did put me in a bad spot here. A bad spot that can perfectly solve my work problem. With that problem possibly solved, it means I'll have a big problem with my mother. Lord have mercy on me, there's never a boring time within my family.

Another week passed and I've seen my husband on video chat almost every day. He's working so hard but he wants to be home so badly. What does it say about me that I can't wait to be on the road again? I miss it, I miss working, I miss traveling, I miss my friends and the bumps and bruises you get in the ring. Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I absolutely adore them and they mean the world to me, but I miss my old life and my career. Being a stay at home mom isn't it for me.

The men, the dad's get to take a couple of weeks off, if that, and then life goes right back to normal for them. Us women, we undergo all of the major life changes. Physical, emotional, mental, and health changes that 100% rock our world and change everything. We take a year plus off of work and then have to work even harder to get back into working shape. It's hard to be mad about it though, when I look into Jojo's eyes and the twins eyes, and when I see their big beautiful smiles. When I'm alone though, when it's just me in my room at night, those pesky thoughts sneak in.

"Bebé de mami." I muttered over Aiden's playpen, since Ian is still asleep I picked Aiden up.

I turned the tv on and Jojo's current favorite movie is playing: High School Musical 3 and we all know the movie by heart now. I've gotten sort of hooked on it and the movie's soundtrack is pretty nice. My favorite one is Can I Have This Dance. I started swaying softly with Aiden when the music started.

Take my hand, take a breath

Pull me close and take one step

Keep your eyes locked on mine

And let the music be your guide

Won't you promise me

(Now won't you promise me