Chapter 15: Carys

Carys' POV

I had a horrible sleep. I feel like I wasn't even asleep, I was just sort of lying there. I heard Jana come in but I was too scared to talk to her. Why did I just let him kiss me? I sit outside the Kafe with a hot coffee and call Rhydian.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asks.

"I did something stupid Rhydian, and I don't know what to do." I realise I'm crying.

"Carys, calm down, take a deep breath," I follow his instructions, "What happened?"

"I kissed Matei," I bite my lips.

"As in, the guy who's supposedly in love with Jana? How? Explain this to me, because this doesn't make any sense."

"I know, I don't know how it happened. She's never going to want to see me ever again. Please help me fix this."

"Talk me through it, what were you and him doing before the kiss?" He says. I can hear Maddy in the background.

"What kiss?" She asks.

"She kissed Matei."

"Rhydian!" I yell.

"Who?" Maddy asks.

"Carys."

"Rhydian, stop!"

"Sorry, tell me what happened."

"Well, he was upset about Emilia and everything and he was crying and I was trying to make him feel better and then he just looked up and kissed me out of nowhere."

"So he kissed you? Carys, you didn't do anything wrong!" I don't say anything. "Did you pull away?" Silence, again. "Okay you have to tell her, it'll eat you up if you don't."

"I can't tell her, I don't want to lose her!"

"There's no other way out of this, okay there's three options, either you tell her and she breaks up with you, you keep it a secret and ruin the relationship by having secrets and she breaks up with you, or you tell her and she forgives you."

"Even if she did forgive me she wouldn't forgive Matei, she'd lose a friend. There's no good outcome to this Rhydian," I smell Jana coming, "I have to go," I hang up on him, dry my tears and watch her walk out of the front door.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" She sits next to me.

"Nothings wrong, I'm just still tired, maybe a little homesick," I drag it out even more.

"I know you, Carys." I ignore her. "I know everything there is to know about you, I know you can't sleep without something in between your knees, I know your favourite colour is green, I know that your favourite thing about me is that I always want to help people," she holds my hand. "So, why won't you let me help you?"

"Honestly Jana, it's nothing, I'm fine. It's just from the long journey up here and the late nights and everything."

"You promise?"

"Promise," I kiss her in the most convincingly normal way I can.

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Just Rhydian and Maddy, they were just asking about you and the others, come on let's get ready to go out," I take her hand and we go back upstairs.

It takes us a while to walk to Winter Wonderland because Emilia is pretty slow, but we get there eventually and it's pretty busy, but not as busy as we thought it would be. There's no queue for the ferris wheel but the problem is there's only two seats on each carriage.