Chapter Twenty: Helping Hand

Edited: 10/09/2022

Liam POV

Preston, Sarah and I are outside on the sidewalk.

Sarah and Preston were riding on her hoverboard, while I was behind them with my roller-skates.

"Haha, look at us go!" Preston said. They saw a lawn-mower. "Uh, Sarah? Sarah!" He exclaimed, as they went over it while I went around it.

"Uh oh." Sarah said, as they both ended up crashing into the bushes.

"Woah, you guys okay?" I asked, as I went towards them.

"We're good." Sarah said, as she stood back up.

"So, do you always crash this much. Or just when I'm on the back?" Preston asked.

"I am so sorry, Preston." Sarah said, and she checks her hoverboard.

"What's wrong with your board?" Preston asked.

"Great, battery died, again." Sarah said.

"Oh man. Hey, wait a second, didn't you say you're looking for an extra credit project for your shop class?" Preston asked.

"Yeah." Sarah replied.

"Well, here you go." Preston said, referring to her hoverboard.

"You're right. I can build a new battery for my hoverboard." Sarah said. "It's perfect, thanks Presto." She said, and they fist-bumped.

"I'll help too." I said, and we high-fived.

〔𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚆𝚃𝙷〕

Sarah and I are now back at home in the garage.

"Shoot." Sarah said.

"Sarah, Liam." Mom called, as she entered the garage.

"Yeah, mom." Sarah said.

"Hey, mom." I greeted.

"Check out this machine I invented." Mom said, and we looked at her, wearing her machine. "Watch this. Toast." She said, as the toast got close to her mouth, and she ate it. "And to wash it down. Juice." She said, as she drank the juice. "You can eat while you work." She said.

"That's pretty impressive, mom." I said.

"Yeah, yeah, it's great, mom. I have to keep moving on with my project." Sarah said. "I've been working all night and I can't-" She started to say.

"Exactly. This will give you a healthy start to the day." Mom said, as she took off her machine and puts it on Sarah.

"Mom." Sarah said.

"It fits." I said.

"A perfect fit. So what's your project?" Mom asked.

"Building a new battery for my hoverboard." Sarah replied.

"And I'm helping her." I added.

"The old one is toast." Sarah said, as the machine activated, brought the jammed-bread onto her cheek. "Ah, it's all over my face, mom." She said.

I gave mom a handkerchief, and she wipes it off of Sarah's face.

"My new battery should work, it just doesn't have enough juice." Sarah said, as the juice got sprayed on her face. "Mom, get this off me. Get it off, get it off, get it off." She repeated, as Mom took it off.

"If I can't get my battery, working I'm gonna miss out on extra credit." Sarah said.

"You sure, it's the battery problem? I could take a look in it for you." Mom said, as she grabs the battery.