Chapter Ten

It's uber early, so it's a shorter chapter.

..........................................

By the time everything was cleared up, stories were set straight, and things were as normal as they had been before it was already four in the afternoon. Leonard stuck with my story of Oh he just dropped our food, but added that the man had gone crazy and pulled a gun on Leonard when he had been yelled at. Leonard explained the gunshot and thud by simply saying "Luckily his aim was off and he had shot the wall, which now has a painting covering it until we can get someone in here to fix it." The 'bad aim' of one of his workers wasn't what was lucky for Leonard; The fact that Jenna couldn't see the total disbelief on my face, or that she couldn't see Leonard shaking a little was what was lucky for him. But, like a complete moron, Jenna believed the whole story and dropped it.

"So.." Jenna said, pulling a phone out of her back pocket. What was a blind girl doing with a phone?

"So?" Leonard asked.

"Don't play dumb, Brother. I have the phone you asked me to pick up." She said a little annoyed with Leonard and held the phone out.

"Put that away, Sister. I do not need it yet."

A little confused, Jenna put the phone back into the pocket she had taken it out of. I didn't register the rest of their conversation as I had too many thoughts going through my head. Jenna is blind. She can't see. She has a phone. Phone's can call the cops. Since she's blind she wont see me take her phone. Leonard will no doubt have me help her with something so I'll have her alone. I can take the phone and call the cops. Everything will be normal again. Many thoughts of the same caliber were racing through my head, but there was still that one negative thought that wouldn't go away: Yes, you'll have Jenna alone and you'll be able to take the phone, but when will you ever be alone to make a call to the cops? I'll find the time I replied to the thought.

"For what, Princess?" Leonard asked confused. He was staring at me as if he had forgotten I was there.

"Huh?" Was my genius reply. What was he talking about?

"What will you find the time for?" He asked a little annoyed. Had I said that out loud? I wondered what else I might have accidentally said out loud while I was listening to the different voices with different things to say in my head. Great, now I'm schizophrenic!

"Oh, that.." I let the sentence drift. When Leonard glared at me and prompted me to go on, I said the save that came to mind, "I was just thinking that I'd find time for us later, since we have company." I gestured toward Jenna. Leonard's smile was disturbing, seductive, and sexual all in one. He took a step toward me and held out his hand.

Before he could say, or do, anything Jenna said "Oh, it's okay. I don't mean to impose. I'll just have someone walk me to my room and I'll leave the soon-to-be-married people alone for a while"

"Tiana will walk you, but hurry back Tiana. I'll be waiting" He winked, and again I found it hard to keep back from gagging at his revolting gesture.

While I walked Jenna and Kifo to their room I did it as slowly as possible. Slowly down the hall, slowly passed the other doors, slowly passed windows and looked out. Thinking about what would happen in five minutes.. And thinking, yet again, about Ashton.

"We can walk faster you know, I don't want to keep you two waiting. I don't mind walking fast." Jenna said, pulling me back from my thoughts.

"Oh, don't worry. Your brother is no doubt in there.. preparing himself." I replied.

"If you say so." By the time she was finished talking we had gotten to her room. I stepped inside right after her.

"Thank you for-"

I cut her off with, "Do you need any help? I can help you finish unpack."

"No, it's quite alright. It can wait. I'm sure Leonard is done.. Preparing himself, as you put it. Go on back to your room, I'll be fine." She shooed me out of her room and into the hallway. Before I could step back inside and offer to help with Kifo she closed the door in my face. I thought of stalling for a little longer, thought of going into the bathroom and looking for a razor blade. Then I realised that no matter how long I take, Leonard will still be in there waiting for me and the sooner it's over the better. I was at the door of Leoard's room when I realised that I had had Jenna alone.. And forgot to get the phone. I turned around to go back when Leonard opened the door.

"What took you so long?" Leonard snapped.

"Your sister need help with Kifo for a minute" I lied. Leonard reached out into the hall, grabbed me by my arm, and pulled me inside. All I could think was, Damn it, this day keeps getting worse..