Authors Note

This One Chicago story is inspired by a paragraph at the end of a short imagine I posted called "Leave me out of it". It's poorly written but it was just to get some ideas down. Be sure to read the warnings it is a sensitive topic but give it a read if you'd like, it's under Chicago med imagines

Here is the paragraph from the short story, my original inspiration for this story, 

Later that night...
You heard a knock on your door and peeked out your shades, Jay, wills brother.
"Hey." You opened the door and Jay looked at you. You looked like hell, bags under your eyes, you've barely eaten anything.
"I heard what happened.."
"Of course you did. I'm guessing you heard Wills side, not mine.." You sighed.
"No, I heard the whole thing, he's a complete dick."
"Anyway he sent me to make sure you were ok, he said you wouldn't talk to him."
"Jay it's late go ho-"
"Just talk to me, are you ok?" Jay was one of your oldest friends, you used to be his partner in patrol what felt like a lifetime ago, then you left and became a doctor and he joined intelligence.
"Not really." You glanced at your feet and looked up at him.
"Tell him it's over, I'm leaving med, I'll find a new residency." You looked at Jay and he nodded.
"You tell him I don't ever want to see him again." Your voice broke and you looked away, tears forming in your eyes.
"Ok." Jay said softly, you started to close the door.
"Hey y/n?" Jay turned around and you opened the door again.
"I really am sorry about what happened, don't be afraid to call me if you need anything." You could see jays breath as he stood out there, so loyal to his brother. You shut the door.

I'm a newish Wattpad writer and feedback is much loved! Seriously guys you have no idea how excited I get when anyone reads or comments on my work :)

Background: You are Olivia Emyrson, you were a cop for 3 years, two of which you were partnered with Jay Halstead.

It has been 5 years since you left police work when a series of murder begin to unravel in Chicago, involving an offender who's case you worked 6 years ago, Kenny Adams.