Chapter 3: Calm in Chaos

"Alright we're gonna want to talk to you."
"Jay, I think I know the drill."
Voight arrived and walked over to Jay, eyeballing you. The rest of the team began to assess the scene, taking pictures and documenting things. Jay walked a good distance away from you and talked to his Sargent.
"What's going on I hear you know the victim?"
"Yeah, Olivia." Jay looked back at you. You were sitting in the ambulance, holding gauze to your head, while the paramedic prepared for stitches. Timber sat by your side licking blood off your hand. The paramedics said you had a mild concussion but no broke ribs, surprising since you got slammed into a countertop.
"We'll, start talking." Voight shot a glance over Jay's shoulder at you, you were surprising calm amongst all the chaos, maybe you were just in shock.
"She was my partner two years before she left police work and became a doctor."
"Partner, as in she was a cop?" Voight looked back at Jay, that explained why you were so calm.
"Yeah"
"You care if we bring her back to the district?"
"I don't, but she might." He looked at Jay, waiting for him to continue.
"Alright, let's just say her career as a cop didn't end well." Jay broke eye contact.
Voight and Jay exchanged a weird look and Voight headed towards you.
"Alright, I wanna take you back to the district if that's alright with you." Voight stood with his hands in his pockets looking down at you.
"I- umm.." You stuttered, you hadn't been in a police station in over 5 years, not after what happened.
"I- yeah, that's fine." You stood up and Went with Jay.
"We'll catch up with you sarge ." Voight and the team left after taking some pictures of the scene.
You looked around at your apartment, it felt so weird being here now. CSI was taking pictures of the crime scene, and it was all disheveled.
"Hey, grab your things, your staying with me tonight." Jay put a hand on your shoulder as you looked around.
You changed into some jeans and threw some clothes into your bag.
"Timber come," You slipped his harness on and grabbed his food, Then you and Jay headed out.