Chapter 4:The all Knowing brother

"You ok?" Jay kept his eyes on the road, but worried about you. Your eyes were fixed on the road, zoned out.
"Livi?" He looked at you, only when you felt his eyes on you did you realize he was talking to you.
"What- yeah I'm fine."
"You look like hell." Jay studied your face, dark eye bags, red eyes, and now you had 4 stitches on your head.
"Livi are you ok? Talk to me." He calmed you down, something about jays whole demeanor always did. He was so soft, so protective with you. He knew the ins and outs of your mind having worked so closely with you, he knew how you're mind worked. You always thought of him as a brother, he's the closest thing you have to family, you were closer to him than you ever were with Will.
"I didn't sleep good the last few days. Worked a double shift last night trying to figure out a patient." 
"What's the case?" Jay knew that talking about your patients and the statistics of things calmed you down, grounded you in a way.
"A 14 year old rape victim. Her mom wanted a rape kit but the daughter didn't, nobody can authorize one without the girls consent."
"Damn, 14? That had to be rough." Jay looked at your hands, in your lap, you twiddled your thumbs and tapped your fingers. A anxiety related habit you picked up a long time ago, you don't realize it but you do it more than you think. Other people didn't notice it, but Jay always did.
Most people would call you unemotional, or shy, you didn't open up to just anyone. Even with Jay you didn't always show much emotion, but he knew how to understand you.
"Tell me about it." There was a moment of silence, it wasn't awkward. Silence was never awkward when you were with jay, you guys just had that kind of relationship, there was never any tension between you.
"I could have declared that she didn't have the mental capacity to make her own decisions, I mean she's 14 you know, maybe cpd could have caught the guy if I did."
"Or maybe he wore a condom, and you would have traumatized a fourteen year old, violated her even more." Jay turned into the police station, and went around the back.
Jay pulled into the Cpd parking lot by the back entrance of intelligence.
"You made the right call, I would have done the same thing." He turned towards you.
"Doesn't make it any easier." You said, Timber whined in the backseat, you forgot he was back there.
"What about Timber?" Timber was a service dog for your anxiety and P.T.S.D. you didn't want to explain all that, the moment you did people judged you for it.

"I'll just say we had nowhere to leave him." Jay knew you didn't like explaining to people why you had a service dog.

"Your Sargent won't care?" You say, not wanting to get off on the wrong foot with anyone.

"Sarge won't care, he's got bigger problems than a dog." Jay stifled his laugh and you headed into the garage with Timber.