Chpt 13

Your POV

The next couple of days were awkward. Sure, we talked, but there would come this awkward tension. It was easy to tell both of us wanted to bring it up, but none of us wanted to make it even more awkward. We were on Ranboo's roof, looking over the street. "Alright... I had enough of this" Ranboo said and looked at me. I looked into his stormy eyes. "Why'd you do it? I mean, I think  I know, but I also don't..." Ranboo said and I knew what he was talking about.

"Because... I think of you as a friend, Thats it... I think..." I hope Ranboo didn't hear the last bit, but I am afraid he did. I felt Ranboo's hands on my shoulders and he made me look at him. "Y/N, tell me... I don't want you to drag me along and make me think something thats not true... So what do you think of me?" Ranboo asked me and looked at me in my eyes. I felt my heart start to race. Honest answer? I didn't have an answer in the first place. 

"I think of you as a friend..." I said, not breaking eye contact. Ranboo didn't change expression, but I could tell he knew... "And?" He wanted me to continue talking. What more were there to say? "...You can't fall for someone in a few weeks..." I said. His grab on my shoulders tightened a bit, as he pulled me a little closer to him. "Others fall in love the second they meet each other and they are happily in love... " Ranboo told me. I couldn't fucking believe this guy. Sure, that does happen, but it takes so much time to actually be in love. I looked away from him and pushed him away. 

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean too... Sorry..." Ranboo let go off me and looked back over our street. We sat there in silence for a long time. None of us said anything, at all. No words were needed. I had a feeling Ranboo was... hurt and sad... I leaned onto Ranboo's shoulder. Friends... Just friends... no more... 

"Y/N... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable..." Ranboo said, resting his head on mine. I did care for him. I cared for him more than I should. I suddenly felt a pair of eyes, glaring daggers at me. I had a feeling who, but I didn't even care at this point. I had Ranboo here. He made me feel safe. He made me feel protected. I didn't feel alone anymore... We stayed like this for a long while, not a single word being said. The summer didn't last... Its been 4 weeks of summer vacation... Theres only 2 weeks left and then a new school year. A new school. I hated that thought. 

The sun was starting to set at some point. It didn't feel like a long time. "Ranboo..." I spoke, Hearing him make a humming noise. "Maybe... You can fall in love in a few weeks..." I said. I felt his head move a bit and I could guess he was smiling. "But... I don't wanna have it be too quick, it has only been a few weeks..." I said. Ranboo shifted and hugged me. I nuzzled into him. Why did I change my mind? Well, I am not sure. I just fell for the loveable dork. We stayed there for a bit, just holding each other. 

Eventually Jackson was calling for me, because of dinner being done. I pulled away from the hug and stood up. "Well, guess I'll cya tommorrow..." I said and went to get down from the roof. Ranboo followed me and we got down from his roof. "Cya tommorrow Window girl" Ranboo said and smiled at me. I smiled at him and gave him a small kiss on his cheek. "Cya Boo"

As soon as came to the dinner table, Mother looked at me with a look. That was weird. "So Y/N... Hows you and Mark?" She asked, causing me to turn red. What the heck? "We are good friends, why do you ask?" I looked down at my plate of spaghetti. All my siblings were now looking at me. Damn it... "Oh nothing dear" Mother said with a smile. She knew something, she shouldn't.

Ranboo POV

When Y/N left I couldn't help but smile. "Ahem" I turned and saw my mother stand there and I felt my cheeks go red. "So, you and Y/N?" She asked with a smirk. Well... dammit... "We're still figuring things out" I said as she raised an eyebrow. "Guessing she doesn't wanna go to fast?" I tilted my head a bit to the left. "How did you know that?"

"Well how did you think I got with your father?" My mother said with a smirk and left. Guess parents always know what their children are up to. Kind of.