Twenty-eight: Liberation

Disclaimer: there are mentions here that going to therapy means that you're weak and that it's a bad thing. As someone who goes to therapy, I would like to make it clear that it is not at all my opinion, but is there for the characterisation. I think it's a view that a lot of people struggle with, so let me reassure you that therapy can help immensely and that there is nothing to be ashamed about. If you have the opportunity, take it. And always look after yourself <3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Doyoung trails his eyes to the rug, then to the door, then he risks a glance back at Jeno who is still very much staring at him. Jeno raises an eyebrow and wipes away the last of his tears to make way for a full mocking expression, never letting his own gaze falter.

"Well?" He asks. He still very much wants an answer for why the idol was at their house, but Doyoung is insistent to remain quiet. Realising it'd be harder than drawing blood from a stone, Jeno huffs and stalks away upstairs.

Doyoung lets his shoulders relax. He wants to shout to the whole world how deeply he's in love with Taeyong, but just not yet. The days are too early, their love so young that he's afraid to lose it along with his self-control, so he bundles it all up and stores it safely in his chest, revelling in the way the warmth spreads through him once Jeno has gone.

He heads upstairs, but pauses in his tracks when his younger brother pokes his head out of his bedroom door. He's now wearing a bright pink hoodie that belongs to Jaemin and an old pair of shorts, glasses neatly atop his nose to complete the look with his brushed hair, and Doyoung does his best to hamper his frustration. The album is waiting for him. His phone is waiting for him. But both things will have to hold on for a while longer all because his little brother still wants to prod and pry.

"Taeyong's really nice. Like, really nice." Jeno says, a rather wishful look flickering through his eyes. A sigh leaves his lips, then he leans against the doorframe, arms across his chest. "I almost feel bad for not listening to his music."

"Okay." Doyoung says, mouth pinched into a thin line as he wills his irritation to not spill over.

"I just find it suspicious that he's gay and you're not telling me why he was here." Jeno cackles an evil laugh before shutting his door to signal the end of the conversation. A second later, Doyoung hears the clicking of his keyboard so deduces that he's already plugged into a video game and takes the opportunity to shut his own bedroom door.

"It's not actually confirmed to the public that he's gay. Stop assuming things." Doyoung hisses under his breath.

Closing his eyes for a moment, he allows the anger to wash over him in a wave of clenched fists and a tensed brow, then he counts his way through a long exhale before reaching for the album.

It's stunning. Beautiful. The most precious thing he's ever held in his two shaky hands. He takes extra care in opening the front page, not daring to breathe, and he takes in the shine of the paper and the gloss of Taeyong's makeup in every picture. Each page is turned with uttermost care, because heaven forbid he crinkle the paper or crack the spine.

There's photo after photo, all perfect in pose and style and makeup to showcase Taeyong's looks from every angle, and Doyoung falls in love all over again. His heart very nearly leaps out of his chest when the shine of a marker pen finally catches his eyes. He traces a gentle finger over the lines of his boyfriend's handwriting, then over the glamourous signature.

Hi Doie

Here's the album you asked for ^^

I hope you like it baby, and I hope it makes you smile. Please don't ever stop smiling because you're so amazing and beautiful and you deserve all the happiness in the world. You truly do. I'm struggling to put how perfect you are into words. I feel honoured to have met you. I always feel at ease around you, every single moment together is memorable, and I hope our relationship can continue to bloom for many, many years into the future. I hope we're together forever. You're the light I've been missing from my life, seriously, you're irreplaceable Doyoung.