Chapter 9 - The Dark is Too Hard to Beat

I clung onto Davina as Rebekah told her what would happen soon if the Harvest wasn't complete. I knew she would probably come back after being sacrificed but I still wasn't going to risk it. Unfortunately it didn't depend on me, it was Davina's choice. Who would ask a 16 year old to die? New Orleans has surely turned mad.

"Then comes wind, and since each stage is more intense than the last, let's just say you'll blow the roof off this place" Rebekah tells Vina and I tune off. I know what will happen, Marcel will be pissed I didn't tell him sooner but I wasn't going to tell Davina this. If she wants to let New Orleans burn I won't be the one to stop her.

"They want to complete the Harvest" Bekah says, almost regretting having said it. Davina immediately panics.

"No!" She exclaims, scared.

"They say you'll be resurrected" Rebekah tries to calm her down but Davina is too panicked to listen.

"They're liars! They'll say anything to get what they want. Just like Marcel. Just like you!" Rebekah was now upset, Vina's words had gone deep under the Original's armor.

"Davina, you may think that I don't care about you, but you're wrong. I know what it's like to have your life stripped away from you because of other people's bad decisions. How do you think I became a vampire?" She looks at me quickly. "I'm sorry, Clair" She flashes and in two blinks I'm out of Davina's room and the door slams in my face.

"Rebekah!! Rebekah, what are you doing?!? Let me in!" I yell and bang on the door. I hear Davina's screams from inside and windows around me bust throwing glass all over me. I fall to the ground and protect my eyes but the wind stops suddenly along with the fight inside. Lowering my arms I look at Rebekah that has just come out from the bedroom.

"I'm sorry, but she needed to be sedated. She's too upset, she'll deteriorate soon if she kept it up" She tries soothing me but tears fall from my eyes, blurring my vision. I get up and walk away from her, too pissed off to say anything.

I bump into someone and wipe away the tears obstructing my vision. I look up to see blue eyes. Blinking, I realize it's Klaus and step back.

"Sorry" I mumble and go around him and into the living room. I find Sophie there and I glare at her. "What are you doing here?" I hiss at her.

"Elijah and Klaus called me" She says unfazed. "You should have told them about what would happen, Clair" She frowns and I roll my eyes.

"I am not helping you kill an innocent child" She purses her lips.

"You and I both know she'll come back. And so will Monique" Her voice breaks at the mention of our niece.

"What if they don't? Then you and the elders killed 4 young girls, took everything from them!" Elijah then comes inside and looks between the two of us.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asks.

"Why did you call her here, Elijah?" I turn to him.

"Why is she here?" Sophie asks at the same time. He looks between the two of us, wondering what to answer.

"I called Sophie because we needed a witch to answer some questions and Clair is here because Marcel thought she would be good company to a grieving Davina" I glare at him.

"You do know that I am a witch, don't you?" Marcel enters the living room with Klaus.

"Yes, but we didn't know how well you were familiarized with the Harvest rituals" Marcel says and I roll my eyes. His sweet talking wasn't convincing me.

"Whatever" I sigh and sit down on one of the nearest couches.

"I guess I'll be going" Sophie says and gathers her stuff. "I'll be at Rousseau's" She looks at me. "Clair, don't be mad. We were only doing what was best for our coven" I glare at her.