Divided. (Part 17)

One week; one session with the whip. Daisy couldn't believe her luck, of all the ... unlucky people in the world. Why her?

She hadn't really done anything wrong; not really, unless you class receiving a gift from an advanced wrong ... which it is ... but her situation was different ... they weren't doing anything wrong ... they were just friends... it wasn't the end of the world.

All that had happened was she'd been caught with her mobile phone out in class.

"This doesn't belong to you!" the teacher scorned her eyes lighting up at a piece of technology that looked so sophisticated.

"Miss it does." Daisy slid her phone back up inside her sleeve but it was too late.

"You little ... little thief!"

"Honest miss, I didn't steal it." Daisy wasn't getting defensive, she was always in the wrong she couldn't help herself, but today; today she was telling the truth.

"Well then you wouldn't mind me calling your mother then? To ask her if it's yours?" and she snarled," and how she could afford it" under her breath before leaving the room and slamming the door.

She was going to make the phone call to Daisy's mum. Daisy couldn't think, was her mum at home? At work? She couldn't remember. It probably didn't matter anyway because the school had both telephone numbers for her anyway.

She had to think fast, if the teacher spoke to her mother she'd be in trouble with both her mother and the school. How would she explain having the phone? She'd only pulled her phone out to see if she had any texts; she always did that lately, constantly checking and constantly sleeping with the little black phone underneath her pillowcase at night.

Just last week Jack and Daisy had been to the cinema together; not so much together as they sat on different rows, three rows apart; but their phones were on the whole time and they discussed the film in detail throughout. They even walked home together, one in front of the other texting and chatting on the phone. As an onlooker nobody would have batted an eyelash at their communication. They had found the perfect way to hang out.

And now that was going to be over.

"WAIT!" Daisy shouted she almost fell out of her chair as she tried to get up hurriedly. The classroom door was shut but she lunged at it and pulled it open as her classmates watched in laughter. Her friend Charlotte stood up after her and watched as Daisy's little legs pelted it down the school corridor.

"WAIT!" She shouted after her teacher. All the other thick wooden classroom doors down the corridor were closed and there was only one slightly younger un-advanced little girl standing with her head bent down outside one of the doors as she rushed past.

"WAIT! MS BOWEN, WAIT!"

Ms Bowen turned around at the very last minute with her hand stretched out to knock on the head teacher's door.

"Wait," Daisy begged.

"Are you going to admit the truth Ms Woods?"

There were two boys sitting on two seats just to their left waiting to be summoned by the advanced headmaster.

That's right, the head of the school was an advanced, authorised to keep the school in line be it un-advanced children or advanced's alike.

"Yes, I stole it. I stole the phone." She held it out in front of her like a wad of money, something so valuable that had been shoplifted from inside the backpack of a wealthy child, an advanced wealthy child.

"That's mine!" one of the little boys shouted at her crossly.

Daisy shouldn't have looked at the advanced boy let alone shove her phone back in her pocket and reply "sod off you liar!"

"DAISY!" Ms Bowen warned her.

"Miss he's lying!"

Ms Bowen thought about knocking on the headmaster's door but she paused and then took the phone out of Daisy's pocket and handed it over to the smirking boy.

"Ill deal with her." Ms Bowen directed at the two boys and shuffled Daisy away and back towards the classroom. Advanced children were allowed to be spoken to by the un-advanced teacher's when necessary though disputes always resulted in the un-advanced teacher's dismissal.