Divided. (Part 12)

"Do you like jelly babies?"

Daisy’s haze expression told jack she hadn't a clue what he was talking about. She was looking at his as if he's lost the plot.

"Look" he held his hand out to reveal a handful of colourful sweets shaped like people

"There not real babies!?"

"Of course not stupedo; do you honestly think we'd eat people?"

"I've heard of weirder stuff" she shrugged placing her long hair behind her ears. She took a green sweet from the palm of his hand. Green was her favourite colour. Green the colour of fresh grass, green was the colour of money. Well green was the colour of 5 pound notes; daisy had never held a note any more valuable than that.

"Eh that's disgusting. Is this what you people eat?” she paused for a moment and stuck out her tongue right out of her mouth, "is it ...poison?"

"No you plonker" but I did steel them from my older brother Maximus so I suppose it could be.

“Seriously?”

“Dunno”

“I don’t like jelly babies.”

“Well maybe Jelly babies don’t like you,”

“Of course they do. Everybody likes me.”

“I don’t”

“Yes you do.”

“Don’t ... I don’t like your legs”

Daisy pulled her shorts down a mere inch covering up nothing, “Scars,” she said, “They are only scars.”

“Well they look horrible.”

“So does your face. Oh don’t look so sad, you don’t want to be gorgeous.”

“Why not?”

“Because then girl will like you.”

“Hmmm,” he thought about it, “spose.”

“Hey its my birthday next week.”

“Do I have to get you a present?” Jack asked not knowing how their new found friendship worked. They were sitting in their same disabled toilet again only today the smell wasn’t as bad and Jack was sitting on the toilet lid.

“If you want to.”

“What do you like?”

“Dolls and things like that.”

“Oh ...”

“You could just get me some nicer sweets?”

“Okay.”

“Cool.”

“Good.”