Divided. (part 14)

30 years after the change started happening in families all over the world things came to an all of a sudden holt. Nobody knew why. The world was now almost 50% divided in two.

First to be changed were the families who could pay; that was the time when people were allowed to step forward and buy their new lives at a price. Everybody wanted to be changed, I guess that could be put down to subliminal messaging; of course the government and people in power were changed first and then when the advertisements started pouring out it wasn't long before hurdles of people started throwing money here there and everywhere just to be part of it. Paying to live longer ... if that wasn't an incentive in its own right then adverts were there to pull you over the fence and on to the advanced side of life.

The second wave of people to be changed were the middle class; people who could afford to pay in instalments; this happened 10 or so years after the un-advanced rich families were few and far between; almost all of them had been changed and the government had to lower the price if they were to carrying on with their addictive global phenomenon.

Things didn't happen over night, it was a slow process and there were still kinks that needed ironing out.

But then it stopped. Families who had paid their first instalment had the money credited back to them and their appointments cancelled. Everything just stopped. The world was divided in half and everyone had a side to be on. They were left with no explanation and one cosmic imaginary fence erected in the middle of society.