Chapter 35°

Chapter 35° Safety pin

oOoOoOo

end of sixth year:

Days passed and months went by.

That was until the students of hogwarts saw the end of this school year coming. The endless hours in the library, hardly studying for the OWLs and the rise of panic before the NEWTs was now finally over and everyone was happy to be still alive and mostly sane after everything. The last few days go by in bliss and happiness. Silly whispers, squeaks of excitement and smiles that would glow even in the darkest times. 

Even the teachers were always wearing smirks on their faces, telling the students how they did this year and what they all achieved.

In all this time that has passed now, a lot of things happened and changed for the two groups of friends. One, a mischievous groups of gryffindor boys and the other a mixture of almost every house, looks and personalities. Two groups that once seemed so utterly different but yet they still found a way into each others lives that would not disappear any time soon.

After their first official date, Amelia and Remus went on multiple other dates. They had picnics in the courtyard, cuddles at their hidden spot in the forest in front of the great lake, very talkative study sessions for their potion and, of course, dinner in the kitchens at 9pm. Spending a great of amount of time with each other it seemed like that was never enough. 

His thoughts circling a certain Slytherin all day, Remus found himself a little distracted in class. However, that didn't annoy him in slightest. He always kept track of what was going on in class. Besides for himself to know that this was the first time he ever felt that kind of connection to someone was more than enough for him to accept his inattentive behavior. 

And for Amelia, she couldn't help but throw dreamy glances his was as well. Just that they never connected with his, leaving them both thinking it was just them who couldn't keep their eyes and heart straight. Studying his facial expressions, the way his face moves when he's concentrated and how his eyes widen when he looks at her was something Lia had really been enjoying. Counting the scars on his face and the freckles on his nose. Seeing him. That was all it took for her heart to explode and mind to shatter.

And after one month he finally asked her to officially be his girlfriend. 'Officially' because everyone kept saying how they already are together in both hearts and minds. Still, Remus wanted to make it official and hear her answer. It was a quite yet loving evening they spend in the kitchens, eating chocolate, baking cookies and talking about the world. After wiping a little flour off her nose Remus asked Amelia. And of course she had said yes.

Lily and James went on one date as well. The ginger quickly realized how serious James was about not wanting to pressure her anymore and overstep the line she had built between them. And so she was the one who had asked him. To give him a chance.