Chapter 1°

Chapter 1° Partners

oOoOoOo

sixth year:

A cold light shone through the window, straight into Amelias face. Heavy rain drops were splashing against the window frames, making loud noises. The drops ran down the windows like tears, which collected on the ground and formed into a large puddle. A puddle full of lifelessness and disappointment. Such was the rain that came and went, such was life fleeting, like everything else. However, Amelia seemed to be the only one to not be able to sleep through this. But to be fair, her sleep had never been really great, considering she shared her dorm with Narcissa Black, Arabella Greengrass and Alecto Carrow. Thank Salazar, she didn't have to live in the same room as Bellatrix Black. Otherwise she'd already be dead by dawn.

It was Thursday morning and currently 6am. Amelia always used to wake up this early. This way she was able to leave the dungeons and the other Slytherins before everyone was awake. She didn't want to be confronted with their stupid and unfounded blood-pride this early in the morning. Amelia tried to escape the other snakes to simply eat breakfast in silence and peace.  Growling tiredly, she pushed away the sheets, leaving her only in grey, long pajamas. Pulling down the sleeves, that rose up under the blanket while sleeping, she got up, stretching herself intensely before sliding into her slippers. Taking a minute to make her bed look acceptable and grabbing her clothes, she left the dorm to go into the bathroom. After rubbing her teary eyes with the back of her hand, Amelia stripped down her sleeping clothes and stepped into the shower. Feeling the hot water hit her bare skin, she let out an unmotivated sigh. This day would be just as boring and useless as any other.

After showering, Amelia dried herself and put on her robes. Standing in front of the mirror, she brushed her hair and teeth. The long, raven hair framed her sculpted face perfectly, as it fell down her face in big curls. However, Amelia quickly put her hair into a low bun, the sight of the black curls, reminding her too much of Callum. Turning away to not face herself anymore, she put on a pair of black sneakers and walked through the common room, right out of the Slytherin-rooms, into the empty and dark dungeons.

Amelia liked the dungeons. She always had. They were veiled. They hid everything, that was hiding down there without the slightest glimpse of light, greenness or hope. No surreal illusions of life. Amelia started to like those things a long time ago. She felt comfortable in this place of hiding, where she'd be able to be completely invisible, better than anywhere else. Hidden from the feelings, the people, hidden from the world. Except for the Slytherins, the students only came down here to class and left the floor as quick as possible. Many felt like the dungeons were scary and creepy. The emptiness was unknown and overwhelming to them. Being surrounded by nothing and being left alone with their thoughts, feelings and burdens. But that did not apply to Amelia. She found freedom in the abandonment, in the loneliness she felt ever since. Here she could let it in and let it fill herself. Here nothing would judge her past, present or future. In the dark, she was everything she was. However, that didn't seem to be much anymore.