Chapter 8°

Chapter 8° Bittersweet lies

Chapter 8°  Bittersweet lies

oOoOoOo

The library was completely empty. It was Sunday evening and Amelia was waiting for Remus. They wanted to meet up here to talk about the project. The warming sun entered through the large windows and touched Lias skin. She was sitting in an armchair, in front of a round table. The table was filled with two books and three large pieces of parchment.

Lia was pretty early. They wanted to meet in twenty minutes, but she had nothing else to do and wanted to check her notes again. Remus already thought she's a stuck-up snob, he didn't also have to think, that she's lazy. However, the girl was very tired. She had spent the whole night at the astronomy tower.

She hadn't been tired at all that evening, so she decided to take all the steps up the tower. Lia was wrapped in a thick sweater and leggings. The muggles invented these things and Amelia bought them on vacation last year. She sat down on the railing and looked into the horizon. The view into the abyss was also very interesting and almost tempting for Lia. The temptation to let go of everything was present. However, there was a small barrier that Amelia could not overcome. She watched the stars whisper sweet things to the clouds, while the moon kept waning and wrapped itself up like a glass. She sat there for hours and let herself be captured by the cool night air and the silence of freedom. Amelia enjoyed the solitude that she longed for, so much in the past few days. She wanted to be free, unobserved and not worry about other people. Since meeting Remus, she has found herself in situations that she has been trying to escape for so long. And it also had another advantage to be gone so long in the evening, because when Lia went back to the dungeons, all Slytherins were already sunk in deep temples and bittersweet dreams.

oOoOoOo

The break of silence took Amelia back into the reality. The library door suddenly opened and revealed a caramel haired boy. Remus saw her and walked over to her. But something was wrong, Amelia noticed that immediately. He was hurt, Remus hobbled. He bent his left leg a little and didn't fully straighten his knee. All his weight seemed to weigh on his right leg, making it difficult for him to walk. But when her gaze fell on his face, Amelia caught her breath for a moment. His entire face was scratched, partly still bloody. They were new. Along the cuts, there were also red and blue bruises all over his cheeks. The first time they met, she had noticed that his entire appearance was covered in scars. Some newer and some old and faded. She didn't know the reason for those scars, however.

Remus really wasn't doing very well. Both mentally and physically. The full moon was only two days ago and it wasn't easy. James, Peter and Sirius had come to the Shrieking Shack as usual in their Animagus form to support their friend. But this time it was harder for Remus to fight his nature. He was more aggressive than usual and his concentration was low. Why? he had asked himself. What was different? Moony scratched his entire chest and face. The fear of hurting his friends was too great. Those were the only thoughts that accompanied him that night. Madame Pomfrey was startled, but was able to heal most of the bones that broke during the transformation and some deep wounds on his body. Only the deep cuts on his face had to heal a little longer. Luckily he had no class yesterday, as it was saturday, because the medi-witch would have stopped him from going. It was only a few hours since he had been released.