Chapter 25°

Chapter 25° Just friends

oOoOoOo

,,I'm very sorry for how James behaved." Remus said, pulling out his chair next to Amelia and putting his bag down beside the table. ,,When it comes to Lily and Snape he's just losing it. Still he shouldn't have said this."

Turning around to face her partner, Lia put on an understanding smile, even though her insides were burning after she heard James talking about the Slytherins. However, she knew that Remus didn't have any say in this, as he was definitely not responsible for his friends. She came to terms with the fact, that the scarred gryffindor put their disagreements between their first couple of meetings aside and acted really social around her. ,,It's fine, not your fault." 

And to be honest, she too felt really fond of him and his loving personality.

Remus smiled at his partner. How can someone be this perfect, he thought. Wait- what?! ,,For my part, to say the least, I think it was really sweet and nice of you to give James some tips. Merlin knows he needs them. Not even Sirius' advice helps, even though he's the player, though that's not that surprising considering we're talking about Lily here." 

,,Fair point." Lia said shrugging her shoulders. Lily would never give in to this stupid better-than-everyone-else-behavior. ,,I still don't understand how Potter is still pinning after the girl he's been making heart-eyes at since first year and that has been pushing him away ever since. It must be so exhausting and painful."

,,Painful?" Remus asked his eyes finding hers in an instant. 

,,Yes, I- I mean if he's actually been in love with her for about the past six years, while she's not even looking his way, he must be hurting quite a lot. I guess unrequited love can just possibly be the worst kind of pain, can't it?" Besides love that cannot be physically reciprocated.

Remus was stunned by her words, to say the least. Because first of all, they were still talking about James and his love life. The same James that just simply attacked and insulted her Slytherin being and everything she stands for, when she tried to help him and give useful advice. And second because her words were so meaningful and truly spoken, he could literally feel the goosebumps rising up his arms. Must be exhausting. Painful. Unrequited love. The worst kind. It was so sad, yet so very true. Unrequited love, Remus thought, sighing deeply in mind. Definitely the worst. 

And if he was really honest with himself, which he didn't dare to be, he would admit to himself, that the picture of a certain dark-haired Slytherin crossed his mind as he thought about it.

,,Remus? Still there?" the person next to him asked, ripping Remus out of his thoughts, that tried to take a turn into a whole other direction.

,,Wha- yeah, yeah. Definitely." he tried to safe himself from this embarrassing moment, still causing his cheeks to heat up treacherous.