6. Back home

Y/n was hunting. She was looking for a deer or just something that would last a while since a blizzard was coming. She had brought her pet polar bear, Steve. She found him injured in the snow. So she took him in, healed him and he hasn't left her side since. She had sent a letter to Techno saying how she found him when he wrote back he asked her to name him Steve so she did.

While carefully walking through the forest they found a frozen lake. Steve took the opportunity to go fishing. Y/n couldn't stop him, he was way to big and strong. Y/n was also focused on finding dinner to pay attention to the bears antics.

She found a herd of buffalo, taking a drink by the lake. They were clearly out of their element. Y/n pulled back the string on her bow. She quietly aimed at a big buffalo. It was a huge male that was drinking water from the lake. The ice was cracked and had a few holes in it allowing the animals to have a drink. As the buffalo drank y/n's bow string tightened and then she released the arrow. It flew through the air and landed in the centre of the animals head. Right between the eyes. The animal collapsed into the ice while the others started a stampede and ran in the opposite direction of the ice.

Y/n walked carefully across the ice. It was much easier than going all the way around the river. She pulled the buffalo onto the snow covered grass with great struggle. She whistled and as she did a white fluffy giant whiped his head around and dashed towards the girl. Y/n held her hands out showing she wasn't a threat even though the bear knew that already. The bear jumped ontop of her crushing her under its weight.

''Hey Steve!'' Y/n giggled.
''Come on, we need to get this thing home, OK?''

The huge bear got off the girl allowing her to get up. She brushed the snow off her clothes and attempted to pick up the buffalo.

''I should have gone for a smaller one..'' y/n said to herself. She then looked at the bear beside her.
''That could work..'' y/n smiled to herself.

After a few minutes of struggle Steve was carrying a huge buffalo on his back. Y/n would have to give him a treat later.
Y/n arrived at the cabin. She had made a small extension to the stable where Steve slept but really he just snuck into the house and slept inside the whole time when y/n wasn't paying attention. Y/n took the door on the ground level that lead to the chest room mostly because she didn't feel like dragging a huge buffalo up a bunch of steps.

She let Steve enter and then removed the buffalo from his back. She took a huge salmon from one of the chests and threw it outside for Steve. Steve ran after the fish, y/n closed the door and got to work skinning the animal.

She put the meat on a meat rack away from the polar bears reach in a sepreate room. Yes. She had to build another room to store food just because of a greedy polar bear. It's not like he was leaving any time soon.

Y/n walked outside looking for the polar bear. Her face one second smiling brightly,  then falling into a frown as she ran towards a figure in the woods.

Blood... y/n... find her... where... betrayal... kill them... blood... kill them... betrayed you... find her... blood...

The voices didn't stop yelling or shouting as I travelled. It didn't help that I was injured, a wither managed to get me before I could kill it. But I couldn't stop thinking about that Damned country. Tommy. My own brother betrayed me. For a spot of land. At least Wilbur stuck by his word and blew it up but was killed by our own dad... damn this family is so fucked..

Techno was bleeding. He had a wound across his stomach. It wasn't deep but it was big and was still bleeding. He had no potions left and he was growing tired and weary. He felt weak. He refused to fall. He refused to die. At least let him meet y/n again. At least let him see her one last time.