Chapter 11 - Winter Solstice, Part Three: Avatar Roku

When Eziri woke, she could tell the boat was no longer moving. She sprung out of bed and onto the deck. Zuko was nowhere insight.

"Asshole," She muttered to herself. She quickly put on her formal Fire Nation robes and tied her hair up into a top knot. She tucked the bag with her supplies under her belt and pulled her robes down over it. She gave herself a once-over and sighed.

"Should've never called him a good brother," She grumbled. She then jumped off the ship and looked at her surroundings. She realized they were at Crescent Island. She broke into a sprint and made her way to the Temple. She just hoped she could find Aang before her brother.

--

Eziri finally found her friends, her brother, the fire sages, and Zhao. What a mess.

Her brother and the Water Tribe siblings were chained to pillars on opposite sides of the room. Aang was nowhere in sight. She was closer to her brother so she tip-toed her way over to him.

"Fancy seeing you here, dummy." Eziri whispered to her brother as she crouched next to his place at the pillar.

Zuko turned his head to the side in shock. "How long have you been here?!" He whisper-shouted.

"Not long." She flicked his forehead. "You're an ass for leaving me on the boat but I'll get you back later. I thought you and my capture-prone friends over there might need a back up plan," Eziri said with a sly grin. Zuko looked her up and down. He saw the Fire Nation clothing, top knot, and royal headpiece in her hair. He realized she was probably planning to use her status to help the Avatar escape.

"Ezi, you need to be careful. If Zhao finds out you're working with the Avatar, he'll send word to father immediately." Eziri scoffed and waved her brother off.

"You're literally chained to a pillar. Maybe you should take your own advice, Princey. Besides," She brushed her hair behind her shoulder. "I can handle Captain sideburns."

Zuko smirked. "Actually, it's Commander sideburns."

Eziri smiled at her brother and covered her mouth to hide her laugh. She kicked Zuko's shoe when he started laughing too.

"Did my angsty brother actually make a joke?" Eziri reached her hand up to his forehead "You feeling ok?" Zuko squirmed in his chains to get away from her hand and sent her a glare. She pulled her hand away with another quiet laugh. "I can't believe father promoted this buffoon. What a waste of a title."

Zuko just shrugged in response. Eziri sighed.

"Alright, I've got to do something. Try not to get yourself killed in the meantime." With a wink, Eziri stepped away from her brother and towards Zhao.

"Commander Zhao. What an honor." Eziri stood in the middle of the room with her arms crossed behind her. She wore a bored expression as she looked at Zhao and his men.

The Commander and his men turned to her in surprise before quickly bowing. Sokka and Katara sat wide-eyed at their piller. Eziri made eye contact with the pair and sent them a quick wink--letting them know she had their backs.

"Princess Eziri, the honor is all mine." Zhao said from his bowed position. Eziri rolled her eyes and gestured for the group to stop bowing.

"Yes yes, I'm sure it is." Eziri examined her fingernails, expressing her disinterest. "So tell me, what exactly is your plan here?"

Zhao was annoyed. This was supposed to be his moment, his chance at stopping the Avatar. But now, some spoiled little princess was standing in his way.