2.5

2.5

TWO MONTHS LATER

once you contact them

you must deal with them

-

        "Babe, help me put this picture up there on that shelf," Tamina said to her boyfriend. He smiled and grabbed her by her hips, lifting her up. She set the picture on the shelf and smiled. It was a picture of all of them, the eight of them on the day of their graduation. 

        "That was one of the best days of my life," Calum smiled at her.

        Tamina moved out of Haylee's apartment two weeks after Calum came to find her. Haylee helped them get a cheap apartment and she even donated money to them for them to be able to pay it all. She used to go over to the apartment all the time, but then she suddenly stopped.

        Calum and Tamina would call her, and she would always make up some excuse, but then she stopped answering their calls all together. 

        Tamina thought maybe she was going through some things and just needed her space, but it had already been one month and no word from her.

        "Calum, can we go to Haylee's?" Tamina asked him, know that the thought of friends was in her head. 

        "She didn't answer your call yesterday, maybe she's out of town or something," Calum said, trying to make an excuse as to why Haylee wouldn't contact them. 

        "Haylee has no reason to go out of town," Tamina shook her head, "She has no family or friends that live anywhere else."

        Calum didn't answer that. Tamina never mentioned to him that Haylee should be over one hundred years old since she was supposed to be alive before Greg was if it was really the Haylee that Kyle knew, it had to be. She knew everything about Kyle and she was connected to the murder house. Tamina just thought that Calum didn't notice this.

        Truth was, he didn't want to be around Haylee that much because he didn't even think that she was human. He just never said this to his girlfriend because he wanted to leave the murder house and spirits in the past.

        "Can we please just go see her?" Tamina sighed, "I have to know that she's okay."

        Calum sighed, "Fine, I'll call a taxi to come and pick us up."

        Tamina nodded and Calum walked into the room to get his phone. She sat on the couch and bit her fingernails. Her stomach flipped inside out and Tamina's breathing got shaky. She had a feeling in her that she couldn't describe. It was pure worry and fear, something kept telling her that Haylee just wasn't okay.

        And that feeling was right.

        Haylee sat in the corner of her room, rocking back and forth tugging at her hair and picking under her fingernails. 

        She kept staring at the screen in front of her. After Tamina and Calum had left, she kept thinking of the conversation she had with Calum, where he told her everything that had happened in the house.

        She wrote in a journal, anything that she could remember about what happened the day that the boy she was in love with, had died along with his family. 

        Haylee calculated, if he was only fifteen, then she had to be around the same age, which would mean he would have died only a couple years before that, but she just couldn't seem to remember how he died, and she would have had to if it hadn't been to long ago.