2.2

2.2

THREE MONTHS LATER

i won't let you

run away from me

not when you're all

that i've got

-

        Calum got out of the taxi and payed the man, thanking him for taking him to the airport where he should have gone three months before. He stared at all the people who were saying their goodbyes, some were crying, some were saying how they would see each other soon.

        For the past week, Tamina had been on his mind twenty-four seven, well she was always on his mind but that week it was just non-stop. He thought about it long and hard for about three days and finally came to the conclusion that he was a complete idiot for not leaving to New York with her. His own mother told him that if it was his father she would have left (that is if they hadn't seperated).

        After a long talk with his mom, Calum realized that he should have followed her the minute that she walked out the door and went with her to New York.

        He had gotten one ticket, and his mom gave him the money for it. Calum knew that she only did that because she felt bad about what had happened years before.

        Calum got to the plane just in time before they closed the doors to board. He sat towards the back with a girl who didn't look to old, maybe in her early twenties. She looked kind of nervous, Calum was curious. He kept glancing over to her and he watched as she kept biting her nails or fiddling with her fingers.

        "Are you okay?" he asked her.

        "What?" she asked, looking at him. She quickly nodded and looked back out the window, "Oh yeah, I'm fine."

        "You sure?" he asked her, furrowing his eyebrows.

        "No," the girl said with a sigh, "I'm going to visit someone, but they don't know I'm coming, or at least I don't think they do."

        "Who?"

        "My girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend," she said, "Yes, I'm gay."

        "Oh, me too," Calum said, "Like, I'm not gay, but I'm going to visit my girlfriend.. well my ex-girlfriend."

        She laughed, "I didn't think you were gay, I knew what you meant. What happened with your girlfriend?"

        Calum nodded, "She left me three months ago."

        "My girlfriend left a week ago," the girl told him, "Her name was Hope, she's beautiful, and I don't want anyone else except her. You know the feeling?"

        "Yeah I do," Calum nodded, "What's your name?"

        "Ella," she said, "Yours?"

        "Calum," he responded.

        The rest of the plane ride consisted of the two talking about the pain that they were feeling, and eventually Ella fell asleep.

        Calum was focused on finding Tamina, he didn't want to sleep one minute, he hadn't slept the night before, he was beyond tired, but he just couldn't sleep.

        He had to find her. He didn't know where he should start looking, but he was determined to find her.

        Ella woke up about ten minutes before the plane landed and when it did, those two were the last to get off board.