Chapter Five

Valentina opened the shop the next morning. She had a lot of work to do. After making some coffee, she sat down to prepare the designs for Brooklyn's wedding. 

The door of the shop opened and she looked up. She froze when she saw Brody. He had come to give his measurements. So foolish of her to invite him to the shop. Well, maybe he knew his measurements and she wouldn't have to touch him. 

"Good morning, Valentina," he said with a smirk.

"Yeah, good morning," she answered. She fished out a notebook and a pen and handed them to him. 

"Please write down your measurements here," she said, mentally crossing her fingers. 

"What measurements? I don't know mine. I thought you would take my measurements," he said feigning innocence.

Valentina closed her eyes. She was dreading this. Her cheeks coloured at the thought of touching him. 

"I'm waiting, Valentina. I've got to go to work," he said.

Fidgeting with her fingers nervously, she said,"Alright, come this way," she led him to the fitting room and took out her tape, notebook and pen.

"Stand straight please against the wall for your height measurement," she instructed and Brody did as told. She placed the tape against the wall and noted down his height.

"Stand on the weighing scale, please," she said and he gave his weight.

"We'll take your measurements for the coat. Please raise your arms out to the sides," she said and he did. He was loving it more now. She went closer to him and placing the tape under each arm, measured the fullest part of his chest. Her face was red with embarrassment. She dared not look up, knowing fully well that he was pinning her with his piercing gaze.

Next she took his overarm measurement, followed by the neck and sleeves measurements, the coat drop length. Now it was time for the trousers measurements. 

Brody was already on fire. Her soft hands on his body had already aroused him. He wanted to grab her and kiss her and then make love to her over and over again. He had wated patiently for a year and now all he wanted was to make her his.

She didn't know how to go about it. She took his waist measurements, then lowered the tape for the hip measurements, his hard arousal clearly visible to her. Embarrassed beyond words she kept doing her work as he stood there staring at her, his eyes dark with desire, his hands clenched into fists. She took the outseam measurements and then it was time to take the much dreaded inseam measurements.

"Please part your legs," she said, her face flushed. He did as asked. She bent down and placing the tape measured him. His harsh intake of breath didn't help at all. Noting the measurements down, she noted his shoe size and got up.

Turning her back towards him, she tried to be as professional as possible. "That would be all. Once the designs are ready, I'll visit for approval," she said.

She could feel his heavy hot breath on her neck as he stood behind her,"Will you go out to dinner with me, Valentina?" He asked again.

"I have work to complete," she said to avoid him.

"I won't take much of your time," he coaxed.

"No Brody. I have promised dad that I'd make him his favourite steak tonight," she said.

"Then tomorrow?" He asked.

"No, never," she said as she went into the pantry.

Brody sighed and left.