Blue Iris

I watched the small winged creatures waddle around and swim my eyes glued to the tank. I smiled when one of them stared at me and Gabriel, we were the only one in the wing at the time. Gabriel placed a hand on the glass.

The small baby penguins crowed at us. "Huh, did you know penguins have knees?" I laughed turning to Gabriel. "Yeah! Can you believe it? God did right when he put penguins on this earth." Gabriel grabbed my hand. "I'm sure God did much more good to the world than just penguins (Y/n)." He walked me down the wing and into the fish section filled with beautiful angel fish, clownfish, and rainbow parrot fish that glistened in the blue lights.

"God created such beautiful creatures." I pressed up against the glass poking at a jellyfish. Gabriel held my hand gently and lead me away from the tank to look into my eyes. "God loves this earth, he spared no expense to bring happiness to people. Everyone has something God had given them to love." Gabriel smiled before he walked over to the small touch pool, reaching in and scratching the back of a ray as it passed by his hand. I walked over to the tank watching all the fish scramble away once I walked over. Gabriel took my hand in his and lead it gently into the water. "Here." He said, I slid my hand into the cold water letting it dangle there for a few moments before a ray curiously brushed against it. It's back felt weird slimy and gross, the creature turned around and opened it's mouth to my hand and I swiftly pulled it back.

That was going to give me nightmares of the shallow abyss that was the inside of that ray.

I ran over to the hand washing station and washed my hands clean of the animal, Gabriel went back to touching the slimy creature before following me to wash his hands. When he was done he wiped his hands off and opened his phone checking the time.

"Come on, let's go somewhere." He said.  Gabriel grabbed my hand and lead me away into the aquarium. Through the different wings, the fish, jellyfish, dolphins before he opened the door leading out to a large contraption. Gabriel hopped onto the large machine and held his hand out to me, the sunlight starting to fall behind the horizon accenting the way his face shined in the warm sunlight.

Bigo panoramic lift. I read on the sign. I looked at Gabriel as he moved into the machine helping me into it. "I thought it would be nice to get out into the open air for a bit." Gabriel lent me a hand and helped me up into the lift. "I love being up in the air. It feels like I'm flying."

Gabriel pointed at a seagull. "Seeing the birds fly into the sunset, free and without a care, it's serene for someone like me. I always wanted a bird. But I don't think we'd get along, with how earth-bound I am." I sat next to him as the machine lifted us up high in the air over the bay. 

"I remember when I was young, my dad, he got me this white fluffy rabbit, down to earth right? I think that he was my spirit animal." Gabriel made a little bunny with his fingers pressing his middle finger and his ring finger against his thumb wiggling his pointer and pinky. I laughed.

"My ex, he gave me a raven. He has pure white feathers, I didn't want him but I felt like I was made to accept him. Since it was... You know a gift. At that time I don't think I could've said no to him."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gabriel asked. I looked out into the horizon scooting away from him. "Well, I felt like if I didn't accept it. He wouldn't like me." Gabriel grabbed my hand when I was far enough away from him, a way of saying. "I'm here for you. Don't worry."

"You sound like you're suffering the sin of gluttony." He said rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. He leaned against the seat and I turned to him. "Gluttony? What's that? Isn't it like food?" I asked, "Well in some ways yes."