Orange Lilies

Selever removed his hand from mine and I suddenly felt unwelcomed. "Sorry." I said pausing in my step. Matvei nestled into my hair, trying to sheild himself from the hot sun.

I stood there, in the middle of the sidewalk, looking at Selevers back. He stopped in his path, too. Turning to look at me, his eyes held a long look. "Come on." He said to me, I nodded petting Matvei's head, picking up pace so I was able to be closer to Selever.

I focused on the sunlight on my skin, and the feeling of Matvei's bird cage in my hand. The metal had a shiny copper tone, reflecting, and shining in the light. I raised it up to my face inspecting the old cage, I wondered where Selever even got this, maybe, Sarvente had a few birds in her day. That was my only explaination for my question.

I kept walking forward, and noticed the smell of pollen. I whipped my head up to face a rack of flowers. Roses, lilies, daffoldils, you name it, it was there and they were all blooming beautifully. I looked towards Selever. He was already walking away, his ear-phones plugged into his ears, I huffed. "Matvei want to go inside?" I asked. "Maybe they sell some birdseed in there." I said. Matvei only dug his claws into my shoulder and I winced. "Or we can stay out here." I said.

"Hi there!" A young mans voice rang out. "Are you looking for something special?" He asked, I sniffed a small yellow daffodil then turned to the boy. He was wearing a cheap apron that read: "Wake up and smell the roses!" The boys brow hair was sweeped to the side, inside his green eyes there was a look of confusion deep inside them. The boy snapped his fingers and pointed to me. 

"Hey! You're that kid who graduated two years early! (Y/n) right? No way! I thought I recognised you!" They guy said. I shot him a look. They boy did look familiar a bit. I mean it was anyones guess now. "You?" I silently panicked. Who was this guy?

Alright play it cool.

"Spencer? No, wait, that was the quarterback guy. Jackson?" He crossed his arms and raised a brown eyebrow. "Um... Beckett?" I looked to Matvei and he turned his back to my face. You little traitor! I turned to the boy laughing and blushing in embarrasment. "Sorry, I don't recognise you." Suddenly, he started laughing. "Anthony." He said and I scanned my brain tapping my head. "Oh yeah! You were in Theatre class with me!" I said. "Chemistry, gym, math and reading." He named off lifting a finger for each class. "You seriously dont remember me? I like confe-." He blushed. "You were my partner in Chem! I remember now! You're they guy who mixed my iodine mixture with that hydrogen peroxide!" I laughed, Anthony's blush reddened, rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah that was me. You were covered in elephant toothpaste from head to toe." I shifted Matvei's bird cage to my other hand and walked up to him. "Ha, what wasnt covered in elephant toothpaste that day?" I asked. "Mrs. Jenson wasnt happy about that, I got suspended for a week." He laughed. I punched his shoulder and he rubbed it gently, laughing with me.

"So how's it going? I see you cut your hair." Anthony messed with my hair. "It's a bit uneven, I have some sheers inside maybe-" I pushed him. "You cut my hair off you'll be missing that finger of yours." Anthony laughed. "Well since you asked, I graduated, you already knew that, I didnt really know what I want to do. I guess college is an option. But I can always complete that online." I said, Anthony and I walked inside dispite Matvei's obvious protest. "Sounds good." He rang up a customer who was picking out flowers and sending her on her way. "Yeah, I guess, But in all seriousness, I became a nun at the local church." Anthony leaned against the counter to look at me; eyes widened. "Really now? I thought you'd become a lawyer, or, you know, something." He said. "You know since you always liked to argue." Anthony stuck out his tongue and I reached over to hit him.