Home

I woke up in a bed that was not mine. In a room that was not mine. And in a sweater that didn't belong to me. I tried turning on my side but my arm hurt like I broke it. My arm felt bruised; It hurt when I touched it.

I panicked a bit, searching for my phone but it wasn't there. Where was I? I sat there thinking to myself. Where was I the night before.

Slowly the memories flooded back to me. The sirens, the lights, the church, the praying, Selever. I looked down at the sweater and blushed in embarrassment. "Did I put this on?" I asked myself, laying down again facing the door.

Mama. I felt tears in my eyes but I hid my head in Selevers sweater inhaling the soft scent of rubble and cologne and sighed. She couldn't be gone. She didn't feel gone. But I knew the truth.

I didn't want to go back there and have them call my dad to come take me away. It wasn't that there was anything bad about him. He was just. Things were complicated between us. And I wanted to leave it that way. Where I didn't need to interact with him to be happy with my life.

I sighed. Where else would I go? Mama had no family friends, besides the only family friend I remembered, lived across the country. Besides, we only visited once a year or so. I huffed. They were a weird family too. But I wouldn't be alone there. I wouldn't have to deal with people who I barely knew. Yeah her kids were kind of wack. But they were a close knit family.

I then thought back to Selever. I didn't want to leave him. I felt in debted to him for helping me. I sighed and blushed. "That was unfair Selever." I thought. Now I have to be selfish and think of ways to not leave this city. I smiled though. Selever had been so warm last night, it was comforting. I laughed. If anyone knew where I was right now it was Selever.

I sat up and looked at the ceiling it was a nice pale blue, and books surrounded every corner of the room. There was a jacket lazily thrown in a corner and it was to small to be Selevers. My suspicions pointed to his little sister. "Maybe if I call to him." I turned to the door.

"Selever?" I called. I didn't want to yell just in case someone was sleeping. I expected Selevers entrance to be harsh with the door slamming the wall, but he opened it slowly and looked at me. He smiled a bit and walked in gently easing the door back into its place, and sitting beside me.

"How'd you sleep babe?" He asked, rubbing my back. I scooted myself so I was next to him. "I slept well. Thanks." He smelt fresh. Like he just came out of the shower and applied his cologne. "Well that confirms my suspicions." I whispered and Selever looked at me. "Suspicions?" He asked and looked at me. "I'm in your sisters room,right?" I asked and Selever laughed. "Nothing gets past your brilliant mind does it?" I turned to Selever and he had a hand in his pocket the other moved from my back to my head.

I felt my heart pick up its pace. "Ha. Dont say that." He knew which buttons to press. Maybe it was the light in the room,or maybe it was the soft way he was looking at me. He rubbed my head in silence, and I leaned against him. Selever turned and stopped rubbing my head. Instead, he bent down and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Everything is going to be okay. Your mother will be okay. YOU will be okay."

I blushed when he moved to put our two foreheads together. "Come on. Where's your fiery spirit now?" He said. The words weren't harsh like the last time. But more l comforting. "Smile for me?" He asked and I obliged sending him a smile.

His crimson eyes were so close to mine and he pulled away. "There we go. When you're ready come out. Mom's making breakfast." Selever stood up.