Part 16

"If you kill his top half then legally he’s dead,” mused With.

“Only in the other six dimensions and reality,” declared Danish.

“So your top half can be dead and your bottom half alive and you are still considered to be alive in the horror dimension?” queried Trelainne.

“You are still considered to be alive until your hair and nails stop growing.”

“I thought that was an urban myth?” wondered Lee.

“It is, but it’s legal in the earth of the horror dimension.”

“Silly people,” thought Arianne.

“We know that cells within the body stay alive for up to three days. So even though the hair and nails growing is a myth, the cells staying alive is not.” Danish shook his head slightly, “What were we talking about? You lot confuse me when you turn up all together.”

“We wanted to see the Time Resolutions Program,” remembered Arthur.

“Alright then,” relented Danish, “you can look at the Time Resolutions Program, but you must be careful not to scare Timre.”

“Timre?” inquired Arthur.

“A spider like droid that services the electrics of that part of the Main Frame that deals with the Time Resolutions Program.”

“I don’t like spiders,” said Arthur.

“Noo,” grinned Sid, “he usually gets Arianne to squish them for him. Ya big wooss.”

Once Arthur and Sid had got to the library where the Time Resolutions Program was displayed…

“Oi, what are we doing Author?” queried Biggs because he was sick of not having a big enough part to play in this book.

“You can go for a coffee,” said I.

“I want to see the Program as well, write me in.”

Once Arthur, Sid and Biggs…

“What about us?” asked Arianne and Trelainne.

“Alright, alright,” agreed I, “does anyone else want a cup of coffee or are you all going to troop into the library?”

Nobody spoke up so I had to begin the paragraph again. Once Arthur, Sid and the others got to the library where the Time Resolutions Program was displayed they saw Forditz looking very perturbed.

“You’re looking very perturbed?” Sid commented to Forditz. 

Forditz was biting his nails, “I think this is it,” he said in a worried tone.

“Where’s that spider?” asked Arthur.

“Oh he’s at the far end of the Resolution trying to weave everything together.”

“I thought he dealt with the electrics?” said Biggs.

“Well he does most of the time but his gyroscopic magnets can have a soothing effect on the various timelines and his presence can stop them bending and snapping.”

“As long as he stays down the other end,” fretted Arthur.

“Wow look at that,” noticed With, “it looks like a menorah.”

“Ooer,” ooered Lee, “it does doesn’t it.”

“What’s a menorah?” asked Arianne, because she was pretending to be dippy so that when it was explained what a menorah was the readers would understand.

“Excuse me!” said a reader, “are you saying I’m dippy?”

“Er,” started I then thought better of it.

With began to explain what a menorah was, “It is the seven branched candlestick of the Jewish religion.”

“Oh,” pouted Arianne, “I knew that really,” she whispered, “I was only pretending to be dippy in case any of the readers didn’t understand.”